Dresden Lions

ysoangry

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

One of our coaches mentioned never seeing a basketball thread for Dresden boys. Here you go!!!! Looks like we are beginning to play a little better after the Christmas break. Beating the #1 team in our district by 20+ (could've been much worse). Not sure how competive we would be with 14 A though.

Thanks for starting a thread yso but it appears no one from Dresden wants to discuss basketball on here.  I think the team could be good if they ever figure out that it is a team sport.  The few times that I have watched them play they seem to be a very selfish team.  Some players are just going to shoot instead of passing to an open player.  When they play together they tend to blow out their opponent with McKenzie being a great example. 

Thanks for starting a thread yso but it appears no one from Dresden wants to discuss basketball on here. I think the team could be good if they ever figure out that it is a team sport. The few times that I have watched them play they seem to be a very selfish team. Some players are just going to shoot instead of passing to an open player. When they play together they tend to blow out their opponent with McKenzie being a great example.

You are very correct. When they play team basketball they are pretty darn good. If its all about individual statistics we are mediocre at best. Maybe they will learn before its too late. I do want to send a shout out to Xavier Alley, he is playing very good right now. Wish he would've stuck with it all four years!!!

No doubt 14a will probably prevail. I don't think anyone would argue that. Lions will win the district won't they? Aren't they pretty much the same team that almost won it last year? I'd like to see them vs lake co/Gibson co/ Bradford... Whoever comes out. As many seniors as they have I like their chances honestly. To me experience pays off in the post season... I've slept since then but I think I remember them being picked from the get go to win 13a

Dresden has enough talent to compete with the #4 team in 14A. On a good night. We've already proven that Bradford can beat us and the way we are playing right now unless we get a bye in the district tourney we could get beat by a Gleason or Carroll academy. This is one of the most underachieving teams around. But that's the only consistent thing in Dresden basketball. One of our best players doesn't see the floor in second half of any game (im not talking about my kid either)and they get a speech about being selfish. Coach says he plays the five "he believes" will win for him. My question is how is that working for him? I'm glad it will be over shortly!!!! We're a football school......