James C Haile State Tournament

Tenntwin

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw a few AA Boys games yesterday.  South Cumberland took care of Carrol Oakland easily.  Pickett County absolutely destroyed Jasper.  This PC team is for real, better be ready to go when you play them.  South Cumberland beat PC by 3 back in the summer, then PC beat SC by 13 in Byrdstown this past December.  

Next up for these teams: South Cumberland plays Thurman Francis this Friday - a re-match of the 6th Grade JCH championship two years ago (South Won) and PC has to play David Lipscomb which is always good. 

Other teams that I heard good things about were Smith County, Whitthorne, and Macon Co..

Tomorrow night at the James C. Haile in the AA bracket, Smith County and South Cumberland square off at 5:45 pm and Pickett County plays Huntingdon after at 7:00. Should be some good games to watch.

thejoker, looking forward to watching both of these games tomorrow night.  I know the Smith Co. and S. Cumberland game will be a good one.  I haven't seen Huntingdon, but the Pickett Co team can go and have one of the best shooters in the state.  These should be well worth the admission - some of these teams could beat some H.S. teams.

Smith County beat South Cumberland in the battle of the warm-up pants ha. Both teams wear Indiana Hoosier style warm-ups. Was an awesome game! Smith won by one, 48-47. I was impressed the most after the game, when both team took a knee at half court and prayed together. Remembering what matters most! Pickett and Huntigdon was wild! Pickett needed up winning by 10 or 12. Smith will play Pickett Saturday at 4:30. Should be a good game!

Smith County beat South Cumberland in the battle of the warm-up pants ha. Both teams wear Indiana Hoosier style warm-ups. Was an awesome game! Smith won by one, 48-47. I was impressed the most after the game, when both team took a knee at half court and prayed together. Remembering what matters most! Pickett and Huntigdon was wild! Pickett needed up winning by 10 or 12. Smith will play Pickett Saturday at 4:30. Should be a good game!

thejoker, great observation on the prayer after the game.  South Cumberland does this after every game and invites the other team to join them, no matter win or lose.  Some of my favorite photos of the year are of them on knee or "arm in arm" with the other team giving thanks.  We have some great leaders on this team.  

Those three teams: Smith Co., Pickett Co., and South Cumberland are fun teams to watch - all one point games during the tournament - and I thought all those boys on all three teams show a lot of class and sportsmanship.  

thejoker, great observation on the prayer after the game.  South Cumberland does this after every game and invites the other team to join them, no matter win or lose.  Some of my favorite photos of the year are of them on knee or "arm in arm" with the other team giving thanks.  We have some great leaders on this team.  

Those three teams: Smith Co., Pickett Co., and South Cumberland are fun teams to watch - all one point games during the tournament - and I thought all those boys on all three teams show a lot of class and sportsmanship.  

yes, that is an awesome gesture y'all do by asking the opposing team to join in. And I agree with you, those three teams are fun to watch. Should be interesting to see if Smith and South can meet in the AAA championship at the TNT.