2014 Upcoming Softball Thoughts?

richlandraiderdad

2014 Upcoming Softball Thoughts?

A little early, but curious see what thoughts are on upcoming season..

A

Gordonsville will have senior lefty pitcher, almost everyone returning. I think I heard they had a good transfer in too..

Goodpasture enters District 8A, so might be fun games between Gordonsville, but lost senior pitcher

Columbia Academy, only lost one senior and will make some noise.

Richland lost 3 seniors off of winning State team, but still have pitcher/catcher duo

AA ???Goodpasture gone, seems door is wide open (though they didn't win it last year.) So can Lexington repeat, Gibbs? Others, not a lot of info on AA

AAA

Smyrna returning Gatorade pitcher and are reigning State Champs

Is this Coffee County's year? Has the pitching to get it done, or does Shelbyville or Lincoln County surprise them

Clarksville will have senior pitcher Norris leading the way

Seymour had great season but didn't show up at State , but has senior UT power hitter

Can Riverdale make a run?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

South Fulton only lost 2 to graduation and a few more left the team.  This year features two Jr pitchers and a sophomore who are gonna be really green to start this season.  This will be another young SF squad with only one sr, a couple jr's and several sophomores and freshmen.   

Raiderdad,

Think your predictions are spot on.

in A - I think Richland or Gordonsville are the teams to beat.  Both have the pitching, despite the losses, someone will step up.  Goodpasture doesn't have the pitching this season, and I think CA will make some noise.

AA - I'd say Gibbs has to be the favorite here.  West Tennessee is always tough.  Greenbrier might make a run.

AAA - Like your picks, but don't count out Dickson County here.  They have almost everyone back and a beast of a freshmen class.

7-AAA has potential to be flat-out awesome this year. Smyrna's got most of the same core they had last year, most of Riverdale's starters from last season are more experienced, Siegel didn't graduate anybody, so they're loaded, and I expect Oakland to have a say in how the district goes, as well. Blackman's the wild card for me, but I think they need at least another season before they try to make a run back to the top.

Coffee County is always a team to look out for, Dickson County will be just as good as they were last season, Clarksville will be back in the hunt, Ravenwood will have another run at State. I'm also interested to see if Lincoln County can get back to the top of 8-AAA. And, as always, what about Soddy? Also looking forward to see who comes out of the East and West.

Gonna be another good season.

South Fulton only lost 2 to graduation and a few more left the team. This year features two Jr pitchers and a sophomore who are gonna be really green to start this season. This will be another young SF squad with only one sr, a couple jr's and several sophomores and freshmen.