Top players in the Upper Cumberland

Tbob99

Every year, the Herald Citizen releases it's all Upper Cumberland awards and honors. I feel that the UC is a hotbed for girls basketball players. Who do you have on the Upper Cumberland first team based on performances thus far? Also, freshman of the year, and player of the year? Post your mid season predictions below.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gina Dick from CCHS is a great all around player. She is a very good shooter, but is a better scorer, can really handle the ball and is very unselfish, and has a HUGE motor. She also brings a great deal of speed and toughness on the defensive end. Doesn't put up gaudy numbers but fills up the entire stat sheet. Could play the 1, 2, or 3 spot for anyone in the area, and has the toughness to play an undersized 4 and be better than most teams have at the position. Agree that the 3 girls from CR, and while I haven't seen Coe live I have seen her on film and would agree she is something else.

Remember it's not just 7a, it's all upper Cumberland. My picks are as follows:

Player of the Year- Jaycee Coe

First team:

Jaycee Coe (JACKSON) ,

Kassidy Allen (JACKSON,

Cheyenne Shaver (CLARKRANGE)

Brittany Cooper (CLARKRANGE)

Marlee sells (LIVINGSTON)

Second team:

Taylor Meadows (LIVINGSTON)

karagen Turner (COOKEVILLE)

Kaylee Winningham (LIVINGSTON)

Jayna Ferell (PICKETT)

Didn't put a fifth because I think it's open. I don't feel that the Meadows girl has done enough to make second team, maybe third. I feel she is still raw talent. Next year, she could be a first team contender. IMO

What do you all think?

freshman of the year- The tall Meadows girl from C'Range.

Kara Meadows , the talented post  player at Clarkrange may just be a freshman but plays with experience beyond her age. Her numbers should speak for themselves.

Other young talent playing big parts on their teams are Lexi Smith from Clarkrange and Destiny Carlton (freshman) and Makenzie Iles(sophomore) from CCHS.

Edited by TNFlightSelect

Kara Meadows , the talented post player at Clarkrange may just be a freshman but plays with experience beyond her age. Her numbers should speak for themselves.

Other young talent playing big parts on their teams are Lexi Smith from Clarkrange and Destiny Carlton (freshman) and Makenzie Iles(sophomore) from CCHS.

I must disagree a little bit, while I think she is the best freshman in the Upper Cumberland, I don't feel she is enough to place on the first team, possibly the second. I noticed that she is raw and tall talent, as I call it. She repeatedly walked when trying to make a post move and lacked speed, HOWEVER, she is tall enough to shoot over the defender. Over time though, she will be taught how to be as basketball smart as cooper and shaver.