AA State Tourney Teams-Midseason Guess

sportsnerd

@Knightsfan  Was thinking that also.  Pearl has been on a tear in the district and can pose problems for a lot of teams come tourney time.  CPA is the only lock I see in Regions 5/6.  It will be a battle between Pearl, East, Stratford, Waverly and Cheatham County.  The edge goes to Cheatham County at the midway point based on their experience.

Let's have some fun! Who will be the 8 in AA in Murfreesboro? Here's the "Nerds" picks. Don't get mad - it's just my opinion and a guess. What say ye?

Region 1/2 - Elizabethton / Gat. Pitt.

Region 3/4 - Tyner  / McMinn Central

Region 5/6 - Cheatham Cty. / CPA

Region 7/8 - Southside / Haywood

I am surprised the folk in District 8-AA (Region 4) haven't responded..they are very passionate about those teams in that area..the mere thought of them being left out usually sends them into orbit(lol)

I am surprised the folk in District 8-AA (Region 4) haven't responded..they are very passionate about those teams in that area..the mere thought of them being left out usually sends them into orbit(lol)

I'm looking forward to seeing a MCentral/Tyner Region championship possibility. Would be one heck of a game!

Let's have some fun! Who will be the 8 in AA in Murfreesboro? Here's the "Nerds" picks. Don't get mad - it's just my opinion and a guess. What say ye?

Region 1/2 - Elizabethton / Gat. Pitt.

Region 3/4 - Tyner / McMinn Central

Region 5/6 - Cheatham Cty. / CPA

Region 7/8 - Southside / Haywood

Region 1 hasn't sent team to state in long time. Maybe elizabethton can change that. If I were betting, hard to go against Fulton whose only district losses came when they were winning 2nd straight title in football. Other one is probably toss up ... but Alcoa is 4-0 in district play so look for them to meet Fulton for that region 2 title if guessing today. Those two teams have played very tough schedules and if past history is any indication the East Tennessee AA teams that have had good success against top teams usually beat the AA teams who have more wins against a much easier schedule once tournament time gets here and those records are only good for a district seed. Edited by volfan777