Greenfield Lady Yellowjackets host Union City(1-21) &Gibson County(1-24)

HuskerVol04

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Union City can be beat.

I believe they can be too, but it's going to take a solid team about 8 deep to do it. This is UC's side of the State to lose, but they will have much stronger competition if they make it to the Boro.

You can't rely on one person against a team that is built like they are. You guys have an outstanding player in #22?, and she's going to win you a lot of games, but you have to have more against the better teams. I can see Greenfield playing a lot closer to GC than UC. GC plays several younger players, they will be a force for the next few years as well.

Who won in the G.C. and Halls boys?

Halls did big....

I agree that Union City is beatable, but it'll take a great game plan and execution by whoever beats them if anyone. Their flaws are ball handling and 3 point shooting. Their advantage is just pure physical dominance. I think we will play them much closer than the 18 point difference from last time. We are playing much better ball right now, but we must play this same type of game against Union City. 

Thats the thing,its easier said than done.UC has weaknesses,but Amber and Raven Fair can shoot the 3 ball.Pack it in and leave them open.There ball handling is OK,Jackie Hudson does a great job running the team.She is the best point guard in the District. The ball handling point is this,the other teams cant handle UC ball pressure.UC guards really get after you,but the other teams have problems pressuring UC because their not quick enough.UC is big,athletic,and quick,and the other teams in the District are not big,not athletic,and not quick enough for UC.A lot of teams in 14A have to be set to shoot and UC dont allow you to spot up.They are good at running you off the 3 and run you into one of their bigs.Im not saying they will win it,but I dont think they will lose a game on this side of the State.

This is the weakest 14A has been in a long long time from top to bottom. This Union City is not being pushed at all in any district games and that will hurt them down the road. The Lake County team with TT and Carnation would beat this Union City team in my opinion because of the balance of 14A then, you had 6 or 7 teams that were all pretty good teams in those years.

Yea, I would take this UC group over that Lake Co. group. Lake Co. had more shooters IMO but the physicality and athleticism that this UC team has will be tough for any team regardless of classification. Like I said before, if UC doesn't win one with this team, I'm not sure they will be this good again for a long time. I still want to beat you guys atleast once this year.

This the same group that beat TT Flowers team 2 years ago in the regional finals Greenfieldfan.

You are right about the region win and if I remember right that is the only time in TT's 4 years that Union City beat Lake County so most people call that an upset. Lake County was quicker than Union City and I think better but Lake County never reached their potential. This is Union City's chance. Edited by Greenfieldfan

Watch out for Bradford as well. They're a very young team playing a 8th grader, several fresh and sophs.... They're a scrappy team and well coached as well.

I don't want to sound like I'm bragging, but Gibson might be about to go in the best stretch of a string of players that we have seen over here in Gibson. We have several very good 8th graders and the 7th grade class will be the best of them all in my opinion. Butler, Griffin, and Reedy will definitely be a tough trio to beat, but I'm not so sure we will be far behind that group in terms of winning. It will be a good run for us over the next several years...