Valentines Memphis trip for Lancaster Christian

Playfearless

One of the hottest little teams in the state heads to Memphis to compete with two top tier teams. Finding it difficult to play quality Middle TN schools this program travels a lot of miles to allow their top athletes to compete at the higher level! Currently ranked 14th in the state and climbing, the starters on this team feel they can challenge any of the top ranked Mid Tn schools if ever given the opportunity. Good luck in Memphis Lady Knights !!!!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MHEA & FCA which I am told has several D1 prospects on both teams. I know that Lancaster has 7 D1 prospects as juniors now and one senior that has signed already. Both games will be fast play and Lancaster allows a lot of bench time as well. Sometimes it lowers the starting 5's stats but they are pretty deep on the bench. This coach is dedicated to seeking top tier teams to challenge his junior class at a higher level.

Which big teams are you saying won't play them and what would be the reason behind it, does the win or loss count if they are not in TSSAA and have they played any good TN teams I do know they have some great players and would love to see them play in Middle Tennessee.

Lancaster is a very good team that is well coached.  The reason many TSSAA teams will not play them is because they play by different rules than TSSAA.  If a kid transfers to Lancaster, they are eligible immediately.  It is possible for a team to play Lancaster on Monday, and then transfer to Lancaster and then play for them on Tuesday.  That is a scary thought for many coaches that are trying to build a program with players over a four year period.  It's the same reason the Lighthouse Christian boys team has a hard time finding games.

Edited by Metroman

Riverdale, Smyrna, Oakland, Blackman, MTCS, none of the teams will play them. Riverdale had them scheduled and then dropped the game. Yes they will count on the overall record of the teams. But the possibility of losing to a smaller school like LCA carries more weight than beating them.  LCA is ranked by M@xPr3ps as 22 in TN and 1002 in nation as of right now. Abby Wright leads the team with 21.5 ppg and Paris Lawson with 14+ ppg. They, along with Sydney Floyd, and Jalyn Brooks are D1 prospects for sure.

They have played Independence, Ravenwood, Franklin, Franklin County twice, Stone Memorial twice, Columbia (and could have won that game but had Wright and Floyd foul out in last two minutes and lost by 5 pts) Hamilton Heights (Chattanooga) twice, and Ensworth this next Wednesday.

the same site has MHEA ranked 18 in State and 863 in Nation.    I will definatley try and make that game..

As a parent of a sought after athlete I understand the difference in the TSSAA rules as I have been approached by several schools from two different counties trying to build their programs in multiple approachs to the sanction body rules and at times I had reservations with what I was hearing. But I think this little school wants to offer their students the opportunity to compete at a higher level with the big public schools but finds it very difficult to build their program under an uneven playing field as TSSAA rules inadvertently dictates. But what gets on my nerves is the big schools fans thumping their chests at times about being the best when I know that at times it is hollow when they won't let Lancaster in their fundraiser tournaments to prove it ;). Honestly though it all comes out in the wash when AAU BALL starts after the school season ends and you can watch these girls go head to head in another type of format.