Region IV-AAA or the Bye Bye Region

reftn

Buddy you are talk about 1 weight class out of 14. And after all you don't have a horse in this race.

These boys in region 4 works just as hard as anyone else in the state, be it east, west, middle or where ever in tennessee. So stop putting them down, like its a cake walk.

I think you are wrong about the personal attacks , number one.  It was a reference to you participation in the system. 

I also think you are looking at the circumstance way wrong as well.  That particular region, 4, no other teams really want to be in it, if you are hones with yourself.  You say it is a gimme, I think that it make those that do not win the region have a much tougher time once they get to state.  You seems to say is is a coasting way to get to state, but think it is a difficult way to get to state with the placement you might deserve.  wrestling a kid in a 15 team region in the first round when you are the ranked kid means less than you are saying it means here, in my opinion.  Soddy, Cleveland, Bradley, Walker Valley all in one region......please, a cake walk it is not.

Tex you have to get TO the dance in order TO dance.

Getting there is over half of it.  In Region 4, again I didn't do the math, but do you doubt the top four teams are carrying what I indicated above?  Average 13 going and easily 90% of that entire regions representation.

We have no way to measure, but statistically that average would drop by 3 or 4 wresters in a meaningful Region.  With so many placers coming from so few schools it isn't that meaningful. 

But you don't agree with that?

Buddy you are talk about 1 weight class out of 14. And after all you don't have a horse in this race.

These boys in region 4 works just as hard as anyone else in the state, be it east, west, middle or where ever in tennessee. So stop putting them down, like its a cake walk.

Nope.

12 of 14 weight classes are win one and in. 

1 weight class everyone was qualified.  In several weight classes 3rd seed was automatic.

I am not putting any ONE down.  It is the system that is screwed up.  Because of the size of the region,  you have overwhelming talent and fully expect to take 14 to states.  It wouldn't be like that in a meaningful region.

Tex you have to get TO the dance in order TO dance.

Getting there is over half of it.  In Region 4, again I didn't do the math, but do you doubt the top four teams are carrying what I indicated above?  Average 13 going and easily 90% of that entire regions representation.

We have no way to measure, but statistically that average would drop by 3 or 4 wresters in a meaningful Region.  With so many placers coming from so few schools it isn't that meaningful. 

But you don't agree with that?

Meaningful region.....Ha ha.  What team do you suggest go into that region and mix it up with the teams that are there?

and btw,,,,stop that liberal talk or I may have to smack you for getting personal as well...

Some of the region 4 coaches think your way of thinking is for wussys.  Complain about the most difficult region because they do not have 6 to eight pansy type teams to give them and extra match before state.  It really does not seem to me that 3 to 4 less wrestlers might go, but I have not way of knowing that.  I do know that it sure helps the other regions for the duals championship, to hold back teams that are clearly more talented than the ones that end up in that state tournament.  But that is the way the state does it.

Edited by texas23

Like I said.

Reg 4 gets to treat its regional as a warm up for states. Not much risk there.

But is it time to begin to press to reunite D1 and D2 for individual states? Has the fervor subsided to the point it can enter into a discussion?

Are there any schools that would today oppose a reunification?

I have to disagree with the not much risk there comment. First it's wrestling get on the mat and risk your pride. Period. It's a humbling sport and beyond that your talking about rivalries that are long standing. Soddy Bradley. The new kid WV against older brother Bradley and the top Cleveland vs Bradley you put those to schools in a checker tournament and throw the doesn't matter out the window. It a risk losing to your rival anytime.

I have to disagree with the not much risk there comment. First it's wrestling get on the mat and risk your pride. Period. It's a humbling sport and beyond that your talking about rivalries that are long standing. Soddy Bradley. The new kid WV against older brother Bradley and the top Cleveland vs Bradley you put those to schools in a checker tournament and throw the doesn't matter out the window. It a risk losing to your rival anytime.

There is only one purpose for the Regional tournament; win and advance.

You can check your pride at the door, because you better advance.  Throughout the Region 4 tournament, if your pride gets stepped on a little bit, no worries.  Win one and you advance to the state and have the opportunity to keep your pride intact the very next weekend.  This is why it is less meaningful than the larger regions.

It sounds like you would rather keep your pride in the Regional, fine.  Most would rather keep it the next weekend. 

Meaningful region.....Ha ha.  What team do you suggest go into that region and mix it up with the teams that are there?

and btw,,,,stop that liberal talk or I may have to smack you for getting personal as well...

Some of the region 4 coaches think your way of thinking is for wussys.  Complain about the most difficult region because they do not have 6 to eight pansy type teams to give them and extra match before state.  It really does not seem to me that 3 to 4 less wrestlers might go, but I have not way of knowing that.  I do know that it sure helps the other regions for the duals championship, to hold back teams that are clearly more talented than the ones that end up in that state tournament.  But that is the way the state does it.

That's the difference between the duals and individuals.

There is only one purpose for the Regional tournament; win and advance.

You can check your pride at the door, because you better advance.  Throughout the Region 4 tournament, if your pride gets stepped on a little bit, no worries.  Win one and you advance to the state and have the opportunity to keep your pride intact the very next weekend.  This is why it is less meaningful than the larger regions.

It sounds like you would rather keep your pride in the Regional, fine.  Most would rather keep it the next weekend. 

I disagree with you argument.  You must be from middle tenn., right?  not a competitive region like 4.  Your bias to me, means you should not call matches, if in fact you are a ref.  At the minimum, change your screen name so that you can comment without the thought of how you think might impact your calls.  That worries me more than an 8 team region.  I know you believe I am going personal, but because you portray yourself as an official, this worries me for the wrestlers.

I disagree with you argument.  You must be from middle tenn., right?  not a competitive region like 4.  Your bias to me, means you should not call matches, if in fact you are a ref.  At the minimum, change your screen name so that you can comment without the thought of how you think might impact your calls.  That worries me more than an 8 team region.  I know you believe I am going personal, but because you portray yourself as an official, this worries me for the wrestlers.

There is nothing bias in what I am saying.  Anybody can have an opinion about the way things set up.  I have only expounded facts here.  Nothing derogatory has been stated by me and I have the utmost respect for the teams whether they are in East, Middle, or West TN. 

And honestly?  You don't have time to consider school affiliation when you are calling matches, but there will be accusations coming forward after the weekend.  Its an old cliché, but absolutely accurate;  once the whistle blows, its all red and green.

But its fun.  You get into that zone similar to the wrestlers.  You want that tough match.  Those two kids that have knocked heads and come in #1 and #2.

Or that kid that came out of nowhere to challenge the king of the hill.  I am afraid the A-AA split will lose some of that.

Inside that 28 foot circle, you don't care where they came from or how they got there.

I find more and more integrity between wrestling officials associations than most other things in life.  We want to give those two kids a fair shake.  No more, no less.

But back to my question:

What is holding be a reunification of D1 and D2?  What schools would be against it do you think?

There is nothing bias in what I am saying.  Anybody can have an opinion about the way things set up.  I have only expounded facts here.  Nothing derogatory has been stated by me and I have the utmost respect for the teams whether they are in East, Middle, or West TN. 

And honestly?  You don't have time to consider school affiliation when you are calling matches, but there will be accusations coming forward after the weekend.  Its an old cliché, but absolutely accurate;  once the whistle blows, its all red and green.

But its fun.  You get into that zone similar to the wrestlers.  You want that tough match.  Those two kids that have knocked heads and come in #1 and #2.

Or that kid that came out of nowhere to challenge the king of the hill.  I am afraid the A-AA split will lose some of that.

Inside that 28 foot circle, you don't care where they came from or how they got there.

I find more and more integrity between wrestling officials associations than most other things in life.  We want to give those two kids a fair shake.  No more, no less.

But back to my question:

What is holding be a reunification of D1 and D2?  What schools would be against it do you think?

that last question is fair , but I really have no clue how a particular school may or may not feel about it.  The holding back is from D1 schools feeling like a D2 school does not develop talent, but gets wrestlers after a feeder program that has done the work.  I disagree with this thought, but I do think it has merit.  the disagreement I have is that coaches do not own kids, even if they have been in "their" feeder program.  I am sure I am in the minority on this opinion, and my loyalties lay with the public schools. 

Edited by texas23

D2 schools def produce talent and ya I'm sure and know lots of kids who went to public school for middle school then a private school for high school and they wrestle and some it is because depending where your at the private schools have a better program and able to get more exposure outside of the state of Tn in order to help take their talents to the next level

D2 schools def produce talent and ya I'm sure and know lots of kids who went to public school for middle school then a private school for high school and they wrestle and some it is because depending where your at the private schools have a better program and able to get more exposure outside of the state of Tn in order to help take their talents to the next level

okay,,,let us break this down.  Yes D2 def (hmmm definitely, right) do produce talent, but that is not the statement here, the statement is that D1 may develop talent and then that wrestler goes to a D2 school.  Better Program, again, it depends on exactly what school you are talking about.  If it were my son, it would probably be more about the prep school than the wrestling coaches/program.  D1 has plenty of great coaches as it is.

I have seen D1 school get exposure for their programs over the years by traveling to out of state events, so I am not sure that is the real draw either.  It could  be, but I have my doubts about that being a factor.