Cleveland BlueRaiders 2014

Only ones I know of that could have started and excelled at Maryville are Cole Lail and the Garner kid. That's it. But, I am not a WB die-hard like you are.

I know I promised to quit arguing this but I have one last thing to say... My class (the class that was upcoming seniors when gregory took over at WB) destroyed maryville middle when they were 8th graders at carpenters. They also beat maryville pee-wee teams when they played for fairview. I still remember seeing all those guys wearing their pee-wee championship jackets in 6th grade when I moved into town. When those guys were seniors under gregory they lost to those same maryville kids 38-0. None of the kids that had destroyed maryville in middle school had defected to Maryville or Alcoa... It was coaching!!! Those maryville kids had 4 years under GQ and they became a really good team and made it to state. Just think on that for awhile

I know I promised to quit arguing this but I have one last thing to say... My class (the class that was upcoming seniors when gregory took over at WB) destroyed maryville middle when they were 8th graders at carpenters. They also beat maryville pee-wee teams when they played for fairview. I still remember seeing all those guys wearing their pee-wee championship jackets in 6th grade when I moved into town. When those guys were seniors under gregory they lost to those same maryville kids 38-0. None of the kids that had destroyed maryville in middle school had defected to Maryville or Alcoa... It was coaching!!! Those maryville kids had 4 years under GQ and they became a really good team and made it to state. Just think on that for awhile

Lots of things can change from 6th grade to 12th, 91.

Well BigEarl lmao... I kind of thought that went without saying because anyone who knows anything about maryville or alcoa knows how much coaching and their conditioning program factors into their success. Tell me this... Do you think Patton Robinette would have been the stud he was and gotten D-1 offers if he stayed at heritage? Heck no! C'mon guys this is common sense stuff.. Surely ya'll can't be this clueless. And Yes I think there have been lots of WB players over the years who could have started for maryville and could start today. And anyone who has watched WB as much as I have knows that most of our coaches have done a poor job of developing players and finding ways to put the ball in our studs hands so they can have more of an impact.

Have you ever noticed that you are the only one that ever says stuff like this? Then people from different programs basically tell you what an idiot you sound like. Some of them try really hard to say it in a way as not to hurt your feelings but they say it just the same. I get that you are a loyal fan who loves his school and that's respectable but c'mon do you really think that all of us are the ones with no clue? You talked about Saunders from 2011 throwing 2 tds but you failed to mention that the last one was when it was 42-14 late in the 4th against two water boys and a freshman. Weren't you calling for Daniels to be benched last season? Now Myrick will be a good one in time but he's a soph this year and I doubt even if he was at MHS last year he would start this year at qb don't you? I bet Jake agrees with me

Have you ever noticed that you are the only one that ever says stuff like this? Then people from different programs basically tell you what an idiot you sound like. Some of them try really hard to say it in a way as not to hurt your feelings but they say it just the same. I get that you are a loyal fan who loves his school and that's respectable but c'mon do you really think that all of us are the ones with no clue? You talked about Saunders from 2011 throwing 2 tds but you failed to mention that the last one was when it was 42-14 late in the 4th against two water boys and a freshman. Weren't you calling for Daniels to be benched last season? Now Myrick will be a good one in time but he's a soph this year and I doubt even if he was at MHS last year he would start this year at qb don't you? I bet Jake agrees with me

With all due respect what do people from other programs know about WB football? Who would know more? A guy who goes to fulton or west game and just knows wb's win-loss record? Or a guy like me who goes to every single WB game every single year and went to school there? I may not be an expert but I do know that WB has talent every single year but it has been mostly squandered because we haven't had good leadership and coaching. In my last post I told ya'll my class beat maryville at the pee-wee and middle school levels and lost to maryville their senior year 38-0 when all those same guys were starting for both teams. Why is that? Could it be that those maryville kids just mystically got better? Or could it have been because those maryville kids were coached by GQ and my boys at WB were coached by gregory? If you talked to some of those guys off that WB team most of them will tell you that they didn't like gregory and his system messed them up. I went to WB and have known lots of the players and been friends with them and I watch them every year and if somebody tries to tell me that they dont have good athletes I will argue until the moon turns red. Edited by Governors91

Weren't those guys coached by the great Meadows, though?

for 2 years... But then we had an interim coach in 2008 and Gregory took over in 2009. That's alot of instability! Plus Meadows departure in the spring of 2009 really affected the team mentally I think. I know that lots of the guys I knew on the team felt betrayed. Edited by Governors91

And bigearl,

You had to mention that his last touchdown pass was against back-ups.. But you failed to mention that his first TD pass was against their starters and he was backed up in his own endzone when he threw it! And the fact that his long touchdown run was against their starters as well. Geeze... WB probably has more haters than lots of teams that are state contenders every year.

. Weren't you calling for Daniels to be benched last season?quote]

No.... If you will remember correctly I was angry when Ridge benched him during most of the L.C game and that's when I had my meltdown and called for Ridge's head. You know.. The thing that everyone keeps reminding me of... I acted like a fool and was extremely angry because that decision was what cost us the game. But he did end up playing better after that so maybe ridge knew what he was doing. You may also be thinking about how I suggested that they should give myrick more playing time after his impressive performance against knox west. But I don't recall ever calling for them to bench Daniels. Btw Daniels looks alot better this year so far in scrimmages. He has looked sharper than myrick which really surprised me.