8a Tournament

TC04

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been saying all year Goodpasture will win this district, but congrats to Watertown on a fine season thus far.  Hope to see them in the semis against JC....

My Picks:

Jackson  over Merrol Hyde

RBS over Clarkrange ;) (whoops I mean the other way around)

Pickett  over Watertown

Goodpasture over Clay

Jackson over Pickett

Clarkrange over Goodpasture

Clarkrange over Jackson

I've been saying all year Goodpasture will win this district, but congrats to Watertown on a fine season thus far. Hope to see them in the semis against JC....

My Picks:

Jackson over Merrol Hyde

RBS over Clarkrange ;) (whoops I mean the other way around)

Pickett over Watertown

Goodpasture over Clay

Jackson over Pickette

Clarkrange over Goodpasture

Clarkrange over Jackson

Jackson wins region, gets home court for substate, wins, goes to state and wins it all again.

It was a good game, could have went either way, both teams played well, we turned the ball over a few times that hurt and we sat our post player in the second half for some reason, good luck in the region.

I agree.  Good game.  Rowdy crowd.  Great atmosphere.  I'm with you.  Why did Watertown post player sit so much in 2nd half?  I thought that allowed the Goodpasture post to rebound more and her put-backs killed Watertown.  If you would have told me that Goodpasture's leading scorer would have had a bad shooting night, I probably wouldn't have made the drive.  I thought the Watertown turnovers were key but that comes sometimes with having a young team.  Great learning experience and they'll benefit from it in region and next year.  I think they will beat Pickett.  I'm pulling for 8-A teams!

That's what we are all wondering, she was basically unstoppable on offense and she controlled the offensive and defensive boards, she only had two fouls, I think with her in the game it ends up different, the post for Goodpasture must have been happy seeing her sitting. Hopefully both teams go far this year, it was definitely a great series of games to watch between these two teams.

I agree with you.  I like the young players on Watertown's team and I see them winning the district the next couple of years. 

How do you not win the district tournament on your home floor with 5 all-district team players and the coach of the year?  Goodpasture should have had more than 3 all-district team players and their coach should have been coach of the year.  I believe the district coaches wanted to stick it to Goodpasture as much as they could.  Glad games are decided on the basketball floor and not by voting.

Maybe then Goodpasture should move to the private schools division where they belong.

Goodpasture girls saw the real game of basketbal; last night  you tell me how a Miss Basketball finalest and her team mates can not beat a fourth place team out of 7A.maybe they not played strong teams maybe they need to play somes 7A during the season then they can see what they got

Goodpasture girls saw the real game of basketbal; last night  you tell me how a Miss Basketball finalest and her team mates can not beat a fourth place team out of 7A.maybe they not played strong teams maybe they need to play somes 7A during the season then they can see what they got

Clay County is a very well coached team.  Ms Basketball has been in a walking cast since last week from an injury during district tournament and couldn't run or jump during game.  The game boiled down to Clay hit their free throws in overtime and Goodpasture didn't.