District 8A

BasketballFan3248

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look at Friendship since they got moved to private school they can't win any games after they pretty much dominated single A for years winning about every state title in every sport. That's where Goodpasture should be it's clear they have some outstanding kids killing every team by 50 points.

FCS has never been a powerhouse in basketball. They had one very good season which ended on a stay championship but has been very average the other years. Football has been good but TC has been better along with Gordonsville on some years as well. The sport they really have dominated over the years has been baseball. They're consistently one of the best teams in the state every year, and that probably won't change on divison ll

Good luck to Gordonsville! No matter what excuses are made for the private schools, that $8000 per student buys a lot of assistants and lots of extras the rural public schools don't have. I remember Friendship scouting games with their entourage of coaches, video cameras, etc. The privates do not belong playing these small schools like Pickett Co. with 200 students or RBS with 187 or Merrol Hyde with 227. Goodpasture's enrollment should be multiplied by 2 and sent to AA.

Good luck to Gordonsville! No matter what excuses are made for the private schools, that $8000 per student buys a lot of assistants and lots of extras the rural public schools don't have. I remember Friendship scouting games with their entourage of coaches, video cameras, etc. The privates do not belong playing these small schools like Pickett Co. with 200 students or RBS with 187 or Merrol Hyde with 227. Goodpasture's enrollment should be multiplied by 2 and sent to AA.

It is illegal for teams to video tape other teams when they're not involved in the game.

I agree that privates should play in DII...

I think Goodpasture brings out the best in Gordonsville shooting.  Those guys were draining the 3s and hitting the mid-range jumpers.  Game was a lot closer than final score.  4 point game in 4th quarter.  I think Gordonsville got tired late.  Goodpasture's depth was the difference.  I'm pulling for 8-A in region and don't see why the region finals can't be Gordonsville and Goodpasture.

You might be right remeber one thing Tigers got to beat Monterey first think i right do not know for sure think Monterey beat them at there place and Tiger won in Monterey you take one game at a time or you will be at home wonding what went wrong.I am for anybody in 7A or 8A that can beat Goodpasture

You might be right remeber one thing Tigers got to beat Monterey first think i right do not know for sure think Monterey beat them at there place and Tiger won in Monterey you take one game at a time or you will be at home wonding what went wrong.I am for anybody in 7A or 8A that can beat Goodpasture

Jealousy will eat you up my friend.

THE facts sometime hurt.I not got nothing against the Tigers hope them the best of luck.I think Goodpasture is the team to beat for region title second could anybody that on the other side of bracket of Goodpasture. the 7A teams are Monterey and Clarkrange on the other side