York, Pickett Co. boys teams banned from postseason after fight

CoachT

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

York has not appealed TSSAA rules makes it and appeal by both schools if one appeals. So they are not going to the appeal but if it gets over turned it will be for both schools not just one. York letting Pickett pick up all the expenses. To appeal they have to pay all expenses for the board of directors.

Again, another useless post with absolutely 0 truth in it. Please just stop, your making yourself look bad.

Edited by LA_81

Back in 07-08 DeKalb County always had a nice little student section. As everyone knows our gym is pretty small. One game they decided to sit over on the very far left side of the visitor side to make more room for everyone since it was normally empty. They had a nice run of being rowdy and sitting over there during a few out of district games. Then Cannon County came to town and they tried it. The place was packed and assistant principal at the time Patrick Cripps quickly made them go back to the home side. Now I understand why.

This is the reason you don't have the home student section directly behind the visitors bench. Are you LISTENING Wilson Central? Having immature young kids behind the visitors team bench is just asking for trouble. I guess finally someone in the student said something that got the situation started. If Pickett County is smart they will move the student section to another area or move the visitors team bench to a safer location.

Wilson central has the same set up with the visitors team bench in front of the students chering section. Over the years I've seen some close calls with students getting out of control and sercurity called in to control the crowd. Wouldn't it be simple to move the student section OR swap the team benchs. I believe in the students having fun but today some kids are just looking for something else than clean fun.

Bottom line the kids are being punished for something that was out of their control. Hope TSSAA changes their ruling on suspending the teams from playing in the upcoming tournaments.

My advice to Pickett County ..... Move the cheering section or the visitors team bench.

You may want to give this some serious consideration also WILSON CENTRAL.

When Lebanon played at Wilson Central in December, the Lebanon students sat behind the Lebanon Bench.  The Wilson Central students sat diagonally accross from the Lebanon Students.

When I saw the MJ vs. Central game on TV, I was surprised to see the change. Was this different than normal?

When the coaches have their district meetings before the season next year, this should be a topic of discussion.