Miss Basketball Finalist

GCPioneer

You are wrong.....so wrong. The players I have known that were finalists sent nothing nor did they campaign whatsoever..... My daughter never sent a single thing. Didn't even know she was finalist till she got the call at school. I resent the implication that it is something players campaign for. True, sometimes their coaches may get their names out there. Also, most voters haven't seen all the players, but these players usually have made a name for themselves across the state via holiday tourneys, AAU, and media outlets such as this one.

Edited by tnwareagle
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I stayed away from this topic until I could think straight, so I know this is a little late, but WOW, what a swing and a miss by TSSAA to not give Miss Basketball to Rachel Bell. How many players do you think have scored over 2500 points in their HS career and didn't win the Miss Basketball Award at least once??? What a huge joke. I am not trying to take anything away from the Cannon Co. girl, but it was not even close. Once the district tourney started, Rachel had one game that she didnt score over 30 points in, and it was the game they lost in the state tourney where she scored 25. I think I was told that the media chooses Miss Basketball, is this correct????