Miss Basketball Finalist

GCPioneer

I'm not sure why your schedule and who you play should have anything to do with a players accomplishments. If that were the case smaller classifications would be a joke. Ask anyone who has played against copeland their opinion. It just seems like post players get overlooked. She's ranked 10th in the nation in her position. she was short changed for sure. TSSA should be ashamed

Bradley lost to Riverdale by 7 & beat teams like Baylor (twice), Cookeville, Knox Webb, Oak Ridge, Walker Valley & a couple of ranked South Carolina teams this year, so it's not like they scheduled cupcakes.

My understating is that Miss Basketball is based on stats for this year; so previous state appearances & your opinion on their district having historically weak teams is completely irrelevant (and also not true - Walker Valley went to Murfreesboro 4-5 years ago).

I haven't seen all the girls that were nominated, so I don't know for sure that Brooke should have been final three or not, but if there are 3 better, then they are very special players. I do know that there are a handful of kids that are left out & that's just part of it. Congrats to all who were nominated.

I said the district had been weak for years and you say Walker Valley was at state 4-5 years ago. Is that not 'years' like I said? Why did you even bring up what Walker Valley did 4-5 years ago if you say it's irrelevant how weak the district is?

You proved my point with the teams you mentioned Bradley playing this year. Let's take a look at them:

Baylor 18-11 and didn't even make it out of the district tournament.

Cookeville 14-17 and lost to McMinn (12-18) in region first round.

Webb 28-4 quality win for Bradley

Oak Ridge 8-21 and didn't make it out of their district tournament.

Walker Valley 17-12, and lost to McMinn (12-18) all three times.

I know you listed Cookeville and Walker Valley as being 'quality' opponents because they beat Bradley this year, but their record proves they aren't good especially since McMinn beat both of them every time they played. Speaking of McMinn, they were 9-3 in district finishing 2nd, and 1-17 outside of district. That proves my point about a weak district that Brooke built a lot of her numbers on. For every quality win Bradley had, they had as many unimpressive losses.

I'm not down on Brooke at all, but I think she's a big fish in a small pond. Thought Florida isn't a strong SEC team, they do play an SEC schedule. I hope she does well there, but I think she'll be back in the area playing for UTC or someone else in two years.

I'm not down on Brooke at all, but I think she's a big fish in a small pond. Thought Florida isn't a strong SEC team, they do play an SEC schedule. I hope she does well there, but I think she'll be back in the area playing for UTC or someone else in two years.

ESPN has Brooke as the #2 prospect in TN, so they too disagree with your assessment.

I believe Brooke Copeland is a top player and got overlooked because of her schedule if you look at the teams the other nominees have played that may be the reason you know she's good heck she played in the summer on the Flight team with those nominees and some other top players and was a starter. In no way do I believe she won't succeed at Florida she is a tough girl with a great personality and they are gonna love her there and make her feel right at home.

Brooke's stats would be impressive if she built them playing better teams. The second best team in Bradley's district had a losing record. Their district and region has been weak for years and Bradley still has only one state appearance and lost the first game.

Glory,

1st off Why do you think your opinion is more valuable than others on the internet? Are you a girls basketball guru or talent scout?

CC was supposed to runaway from the slower weaker Bradley team? Bradley played  CC's  game and beat them at it. Overcoming the refs and grown ups yelling obsscene things to Bradley players...

Cope had 32 points and 18 rebounds against your strong, 2 time defending state champs earlier in season. Is that good enough stats against a "quality team??

Anyway obviously the girls that did get the honor are awesome players and play with Cope in the summer and she loves and respects them and their games. Good luck to all 3 of them!

I don't know if only seniors are picked, but I'd put ether of the sophomore twins at Elizabethton up against any of these girls. One I think scored 41 as a freshman in Murfreesboro last year. They have only lost 3 games 2 to science hill and one to the soon the be SC state champs Dorman. Both 4a programs. They shut down the Grainger County kid Wed night and won 78-51. They are fun to watch

I don't know if only seniors are picked, but I'd put ether of the sophomore twins at Elizabethton up against any of these girls. One I think scored 41 as a freshman in Murfreesboro last year. They have only lost 3 games 2 to science hill and one to the soon the be SC state champs Dorman. Both 4a programs. They shut down the Grainger County kid Wed night and won 78-51. They are fun to watch

The Grainger County kid that you speak of scored 19 points Wednesday night against a Super Good Elizabethton team.  I would hardly call that shutting her down.  She averages 20.4 points per game on the season, so I think she maintained her average against a very good team.  No doubt about it, Elizabethton has a better team than Grainger and they deserved to win the game.  But, we are talking about an individual award here.  Not, one that a team wins. I would expect that next year both of the twins will get serious consideration for this award. But, the young ladies that are selected in AA this year have had stellar 4 year careers, all of them scoring over 2,000 career points, and in the case of the Grainger County kid, also collecting over 1,300 career rebounds.  By the end of next season, those twins will be approaching those types of numbers as well.  Best of luck to them and their team.  They are very good.  I just wanted to clarify that a 19 point game against good competition is a bit different than being shut down.

Bradley played Dorman also "Glory" !   Here Cyclone is referring to them as the future State Champs in SC another quality team that we don't play...

Everyone knows Bradley's district is weak, as is the region. However, Bradley has played Riverdale and Dorman. No one gave them a chance to win last year against Blackman. Few are giving them a chance this year. They have grown up this year as a team and are playing good ball. Reuter is one that has been overlooked also. She signed with MTSU, a team that is a nationally ranked team every year. Then you have the other twin tower, Brooke. It's hard to stop both of them. Yes, it probably hurt Brooke playing the schedule that she did, however, the games they did play quality opponents, she stepped up to the plate. Is she a top three? Again, after Middleton, there are about ten that arguably could be in that top three. I don't see the use in arguing about schedules. The bottom line is tomorrow night! The top teams and top players will come through.

I think people gave Bradley a chance against Blackman because not many expected Blackman to be that good last year due to them having a young and inexperienced team which showed at times but having that year under their belt has done wonders and makes them a favorite this year but not last year.