Miss Basketball Finalist

GCPioneer

I am.surprised Copeland was not a finalist. Not because the other 3 didn't deserve it but I thought being from the midstate would cancel each other out a little. The girl from Meigs would have been a good choice, makes no difference she is going to Lee, a quality Division II, so have Jenna Adams-McMinn Central, Hollie German-Polk and others there who could have gone Division I.

I am.surprised Copeland was not a finalist. Not because the other 3 didn't deserve it but I thought being from the midstate would cancel each other out a little. The girl from Meigs would have been a good choice, makes no difference she is going to Lee, a quality Division II, so have Jenna Adams-McMinn Central, Hollie German-Polk and others there who could have gone Division I.

Copeland is a great player as is the nominated 3. Gilbert is going to Chattanooga...Middleton to UT...and Dangerfield will be able to name her next school. Too bad any was left out.

Playing in the weak district Brooke does, ( no fault of her own) definitely hurt her. Probably hurt the two girls from Science Hill also. Girls basketball is going thru a weak phase in East Tennessee. The named three had to bring their best night after night, where Brooke normally didn't play fourth quarter! The middle Tennessee basketball is a different kind of ball. As for Chattanooga girls, with the exception of Bradley, are there any other above average teams in the area? It would have been tough to pick a girl from Chattanooga area unless it had been Brooke. Brooke, the two from Science Hill and Davenport are all excellent players. As for where they sign, don't let the conference fool you. MTSU and UTC are better than many ACC or SEC schools. And Lee University is top notch. Several girls and boys have played there and turned down D1 to do so. There are many good players that you may could argue should have been named, but face it, only three can be finalists. And many factors are taken into consideration, not just stats. I, personally, wish Brooke or Davenport could have made the cut, but they have had awesome careers. And I think the three chosen are also good choices. As for winning it, it's not always the one with the best numbers who win. Middleton should win AAA, but you never know....

Just a real shame Copeland and Swafford were overlooked. Single A missed on the Swafford girl from Meigs. 2000 point scorer ....3 years of it in AA.... Best A player in Chattanooga Area and maybe the State. Seems like Coe had it won this year before it ever started. Just a real shame. CONGRATULATIONS to the finalist.

Coe has it won again this year before it ever started...

Coe has it won again this year before it ever started...

I agree that 1A isn't close...Coe has the reputation, the team, and yes, the ability. I also agree that Faulkner got snubbed...no way that she's not in the discussion, especially since no one from the west was nominated. I'm not trying to argue against the other two at all, but it will never happen in reverse.

Just a real shame Copeland and Swafford were overlooked. Single A missed on the Swafford girl from Meigs. 2000 point scorer ....3 years of it in AA.... Best A player in Chattanooga Area and maybe the State. Seems like Coe had it won this year before it ever started. Just a real shame. CONGRATULATIONS to the finalist.

I'm sure the young lady you are speaking of is very deserving and a good player no doubt. Jaycee Coe is one of the best players in the nation not just Class A in Tennessee. She is the best player on the defending state champions team and she is approaching 3000 points for her career and she has done this with double and triple teaming defenses. There is no doubt as to whether or not she is the best player in Single A.