Finals show

tnlonghorn

Good for you frank beans but I went to UTC and also worked campus rec there which if you know anything is the first door on the left when you come in from the bottom by the pool. In 99 I showered there after my wrestling time in the state tournament. Good for you thinking you know anything about me or spent more time there than I could think about but I know what I know about it, and I also know I was able to change in dressing rooms instead of a public bathroom like at the Ag Center. I have been to both places and just cannot believe any reason besides money and moving into middle TN that it was moved from UTC to the Ag center! If its moved anywhere in middle TN than where it is now I would prob go again, since I had been to 16 straight years of it until the 1 time I went to the Ag Center and had to have a breathing treatment afterwards.

Are we needeing to move the complete TSSAA state tournament or just move the finals?  

does everyone agree that the different divisions need to wrestle at different times?

Everyone i have talked to 50+ people all want it moved from the ag center. This is people from east Tn, Chattanooga, Nashville and memphis. I personally dont care if its in Chattanooga or Nashville or wherever but we want it to eb the best experience for the kids as possible. If it cant be moved the finals definitley need to be seperated without question. It was a chinese fire drill the other day. Move the girls tournament to the state duals weekend if you have to.  

Actually you are wrong at Big MAC. Locker rooms that had shower were locked because they led to the swimming pool. I have no clue at the round House because they never made it public that they had showers available. In theory, you make it sound good but not true. I even asked several coaches ( not all- just curious and did a small sample of 10-15 coaches) this weekend from across the state and all said that their kids did not shower at the arenas. they waited to go back to the hotel. 

Don't think you know about every team and wrestler.  Yes sum kids did have access or got access to the showers at both facilities.

Reprinted with permission:

I just wrote this to the TSSA and submitted it to their "feedback" sections on their website. Hey I know it's like spitting in the wind but I feel better. I think we need a top down and grassroots effort. Like Lee Varnell said get the legends involved (Jackson, Henry, Miller, Logdson, Eslinger...etc) but also work it from the bottom as well. Here it was:

Dear TSSAA,

I am a paying fan, former TSSAA ref, current USA wrestling coach, former college wrestling coach (NCWA), and former UTC wrestler. So you can see I love the sport and I hope the TSSAA does as well. I also am sure that you all mean well and have some good reasoning as to the location. 

My reasons for wanting the venue changed are:
1. Unsanitary conditions.
A. No showers for the wrestlers or refs
B. Walking through mud and dirt to enter. When I reffed the state tourney a few years back the back entrance was a dirt parking lot.
C. Indoor air quality very poor. Too much dust and dirt in the air. Terrible for people with allergies. My eyes were burning after one day in the venue.
2. Safety - Uneven mats are dangerous to wrestlers and refs. Before the finals this year, the AAA had to be moved because of a large pot hole underneath the mat.
3. Professionalism - I applaud you for the light show and video, etc. that you implemented this year, but the bottom line is this is an Agricultural Center and no matter how much "lip stick" you put on it, its still an AG Center.
As a fan, I would gladly pay $15 per day and $10 per day for parking if this was in a more professional venue. Please, for the sake of the students/athletes health and experience change the venue. Is this he best we can do? I don't believe so. Sincerely and Respectfully, Guy T. Harris.

I have been in the BIG MAC more times than you would know. My uncle ran the gym during the late 80's and mid 90's until his passing. All showeres were locked up because of different access through the gym. Dont know when you showered there but in the late 80's to mid 90's - it was not in the BIG MAC .

I just wondered how many teams shower during the season at tournaments?

COach Blair- how many teams shower at your tournament?

McCallie?

Soddy?

Coach mann?

BlackHorse?

Ryan?

Coach Connell,

Thanks for all you have done for High School wrestling and wrestling in general.  You have been instrumental in the growth of wrestling in Tennessee.

You are an icon of the State.

Thanks.

I've always considered it to be a privilege to talk wrestling with the man, but there is a lot more to him then just the wrestling. A great sense of humor, and wrestling knowledge second to none. Simply the best.

Admittedly I've never been in the facility. But just by looking at the pictures, at least the seating is more conducive to things other than livestock shows. And I don't know if they have showers.

On the one hand, it is primarily designed for horse shows. On the other hand, horse shows are a big deal in Kentucky. This one in particular was the main site for the World Equestrian Games in 2010, so we're talking about (to misquote Saddam Hussein) the mother of all horse show arenas.