tssaa state medals are a joke. I cant believe what I saw last night.

fooseball96

Yes  a state medal should put others to shame. The little kids aau and usa medals are 4 times the size. It is awesome to get a medal, c'mon tssaa put some weight to these medals. P-wee football participation medals are bigger.  The format isn't my issue its the size that matters. lol   Give the kids bigger medals since venue is donated. And do they still give the rings to the champion. I sure hope so.

Yes  a state medal should put others to shame. The little kids aau and usa medals are 4 times the size. It is awesome to get a medal, c'mon tssaa put some weight to these medals. P-wee football participation medals are bigger.  The format isn't my issue its the size that matters. lol   Give the kids bigger medals since venue is donated. And do they still give the rings to the champion. I sure hope so.

They have never giving rings.

So the venue is horrible...the medals are small...but how do the wrestlers feel? They don't care as long as they wrestle....

But in all reality yes the State Tournament should be the pinnacle of their hard work...Medals should have weight and meaning...and the venue if it's as half as bad as what I've heard then it's bad...

What can we do about it? Gripe and Complain on message boards? I say flood the TSSAA with emails and phone calls...As a spectator, coach, and participant the State should be top notch...I think coach Reichel has the best idea yet...join his Facebook group...see if we can't get somewhat organized and go from there...

I want to see Tennessee as a whole grow in the sport on a statewide and national level....

Do kids wrestle for medals? If you want lil Johnny to get a bigger medal buy him one. Giving bigger medals will not increase participation in the sport. Find something better to complain about.

Amen. When you are standing at the top of the podium at the end of the season, the last thing on your mind is the size of the medal. You are thinking about all of the hard work and sacrifice that led to that moment. Like he said, find something better to complain about. Examples:

McKenzie Arena vs Cow Palace

One state vs three

D1 champs vs D2 champs (still haven't seen the predictions and weeks of argument of who beats who)

And we might as well complain about the referees while we're at it