tssaa state medals are a joke. I cant believe what I saw last night.

fooseball96

This is high school wrestling folks. If you want directions to the state office, look on their website. Please don't forget to tell them how they are dropping the ball. Be sure to mention what the kids are entitled to receive and all about the kids who quit. I'm sure they will make it right!

Your missing the whole point. The point is that this should be the ultimate experience for our wrestlers. All aspects , tournament location, excitement, pre finals show, and awards. This tournament is taking 10 steps backwards from what they are used to. My nephew won the Aau state last year and he received a huge plaque that held his bracket, a picture and his medal. How can the Aau give out such awards when the Tssaa can't? I bet there are 3x the number of state champs in the Aau with all the age groups than in the tssaa. So how can an organization that is getting the facility for free and charging a fortune at the gate not put more effort into the product. The state finals should be a step up from anything they have experienced, not a let down. I liked the smoke and lights and wrestlers faces but it needed much more organization. They dropped the ballon everything else and it's a moment those kids will never get back.

No, you're missing the point. The reward for all his hard work and wrestling excellence is the championship. It's the memory of winning the semi final match on fri night that got him to the finals...THE Finals. And then winning the last match of the season and getting his hand raised above every other wrestler in his division. That is the reward. The medal couldn't be big enough to capture that. The medal is only a token. It's not the reward. The experience is the reward. Having the best wrestlers in your weight class know that today you were better. That's the reward. Knowing you worked harder, sacrificed more, that's the reward, so please shut up about my son's medal isn't big enough.