Falcons on their way ?

Guest Vince

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First round???? Not a chance. Too much speed. They may have trouble with AE or AC or Trousdale, but not with Pigeon Forge.

As for Fulton's attitude, every problem Kingston has had with them has been with players. Fred Smith was jawing at Kingston fans while losing big in 1997. Fulton also took several cheapshots in that game.

Posted by JPATS5:

fulton won't be able to handle the pressure; they make an exit in the first round. :confused:

Posted by JPATS5:

fulton won't be able to handle the pressure; they make an exit in the first round. :confused:

I'm the last person to defend a Knoxville team, but Fulton lose to Pigeon Forge in the first round...wanna lay some money on that?

Pigeon is in by a total of 2 points: the 20-19 4 OT win they got over Rutledge in week 2 and Rutledge's 7-6 loss at Sullivan North last week...

The Tigers should prepare to have their stripes peeled.

Posted by swamp:

First round???? Not a chance. Too much speed. They may have trouble with AE or AC or Trousdale, but not with Pigeon Forge.

As for Fulton's attitude, every problem Kingston has had with them has been with players. Fred Smith was jawing at Kingston fans while losing big in 1997. Fulton also took several cheapshots in that game.

You're right swamp, speed kills and Fulton has more than enough to administer a lethal dose to the Tigers. If it's a 56-14 game, the folks in PF should be happy and go on.

As far as Fulton's class, I say you should look straight to the top. Letting your kids get mouthy with other playes and letting them take cheap shots is inexcuseable. I don't care if you wind up going 3-7 every year and missing the playoffs, character is by far the biggest attribute that high school football players need.

Sports doesn't build character, it reveals it.

Posted by captain:

fishy - AE is inferior?? you keep talking about how classless fulton is, but you are somewhat classless yourself. you attack AE by calling them inferior in a thread that has little or nothing to do with AE. you do show respect for the job Stevens has done at AE, but to call them inferior is uncalled for.

I saw last year first-hand what kind of program Stevens is running at A-E. They look a lot like the teams they had in the 80s under coach Anderson; disciplined and very efficient, which is why they won it all. They might have had better senior leadership last year, but I would imagine that neither Fulton or AC wants a second shot at A-E because they might not be as fortunate the second time around. Usually a close loss in the regular season favors the team that lost...

As far as inferring that A-E is inferior, I've never heard anything that asinine...well, maybe Al Gore's claim that he invented the internet...The only inferior team A-E has had in the last 20 years was the 94 squad and that was only becasue they were predominately freshmen.

Don't know about the Freshmen part, but yes on Glasper.

Posted by KevB1990:
Posted by swamp:

AE went 1-9 in 1998, Kev.

Point taken...my error! They must have been mostly freshmen as well and wasn't that Glasper's last year as head coach?

[Edited by KevB1990 on 11-8-02 11:56P]