Small School Wrestlers That Would be Top 3 in Big School

Coffetalk

Wont matter.

Small schools really need to get used to this. 

You in no way can claim, shoulda, coulda, woulda. 

Sorry.

You could have done it on the mat, but your hierarchy decided to begin and remain an A-AA school division.

If you want to eat with the big dogs, you have to run with the big dogs.

You will NEVER hear anyone say, "HE COULDA WON THE SMALL SCHOOL DIVSION." 

What you said by forming this division and separating yourself is,

"we cant compete on that level." 

You can put up all the scw lists you want to, it doesn't matter.

Maybe we can simply identify A-AA as the SCW Division.

Funny thing.

The football boys that are responsible for this mess, where are they?

They have moved on and left a mess of our sport.

It will always be the "Little Brother." 

In spite of that, I am for ya.  Wrestling is great on any level.

But in order to be considered the BEST,

You have to wrestle the BEST.

You have chosen another path.

I am looking for the first A-AA that elects to move up and wrestle in the AAA division.  Surely that is an option.

You know, it might be TSSAA could have to let an A-AA kid transfer to a AAA school by  pleading that creating this division they are jeopardizing scholarship opportunities.

Maybe you are placing a little too much importance on wrestling there ref.

Education, faith and family are more important to my boys. They didn't get a vote but their coach voted against the split and lost. Everybody with a brain knows that things are a little watered down, with the split but it is watered down for all three divisions. The kids have nothing to do with it.

They are going to enjoy winning the only state championship that the TSSAA allowed them to win, and I promise they don't care what some fifty something year old man thinks about the validity of their efforts.

Education, faith and family are more important to my boys. They didn't get a vote but their coach voted against the split and lost. Everybody with a brain knows that things are a little watered down, with the split but it is watered down for all three divisions. The kids have nothing to do with it.

They are going to enjoy winning the only state championship that the TSSAA allowed them to win, and I promise they don't care what some fifty something year old man thinks about the validity of their efforts.

The reason there's so much importance placed on wrestling here is because, go figure, this is a forum where we talk about WRESTLING. Not about education, family, or faith. So, here , we're gonna talk about wrestling.

And I agree with you reftn. You will NEVER hear a AAA state champ say he wishes he was A-AA. There's only 3 maybe 4 kids out of the entire division who could medal in AAA. 4 kids out of 224.

God, faith, family.

Wrestling.

A kid that wins state at A-AA is a tremendous young man, and has my utmost respect.  ANY kid that wrestles for two years gains a tremendous amount of character and fortitude.  The ones I know who did so and quit always regretted it.

There is no sport like it that tests a young man so. 

Your term is correct.  Watered down.  It is what has become of our society with regard to discipline and manhood. 

The school's have an option to compete in the AAA level I think.  But those in favor of the split and stay in A-AA are settling for something less.

Set Your Standards HIGH......Then RAISE Them.  -- Dan Gable

(lolling....read my avatar)

The reason there's so much importance placed on wrestling here is because, go figure, this is a forum where we talk about WRESTLING. Not about education, family, or faith. So, here , we're gonna talk about wrestling.

And I agree with you reftn. You will NEVER hear a AAA state champ say he wishes he was A-AA. There's only 3 maybe 4 kids out of the entire division who could medal in AAA. 4 kids out of 224.

You know WG, it could be 12 or 50 out of 224,

But we'll never know.

Ok let's talk about it. For starters Hudgins at 106 is topnotch in my opinion he was one of the best at 106. At 113 well he placed last year and he beat the 2nd and 4th in AAA so he is in. Then at 126 Boatman has been to the finals before so he is legit and the same applies at 132. Ok that is 4, not 3 or 4 but 4. Now Sammy is five, any debate on him? Shelton would have placed (pretty high) and Presley probably places too. Have to figure pigeon forge would have placed more than just hudgins. So I think you're numbers are way off. There are many others like Kieta, Bankston etc.

My point about faith, education, and family was that I don't think wrestling in AAA is a good enough reason to pull a kid out of one school and send them to another as tnref suggested. I would love to see one state. Then we could debate which one of the Tennessee kids could win in Iowa or Oklahoma instead of the obligatory my division is better than yours argument.

Ok let's talk about it. For starters Hudgins at 106 is topnotch in my opinion he was one of the best at 106. At 113 well he placed last year and he beat the 2nd and 4th in AAA so he is in. Then at 126 Boatman has been to the finals before so he is legit and the same applies at 132. Ok that is 4, not 3 or 4 but 4. Now Sammy is five, any debate on him? Shelton would have placed (pretty high) and Presley probably places too. Have to figure pigeon forge would have placed more than just hudgins. So I think you're numbers are way off. There are many others like Kieta, Bankston etc.

My point about faith, education, and family was that I don't think wrestling in AAA is a good enough reason to pull a kid out of one school and send them to another as tnref suggested. I would love to see one state. Then we could debate which one of the Tennessee kids could win in Iowa or Oklahoma instead of the obligatory my division is better than yours argument.

That IS the conversation we want to have.

But if the kid remains in A-AA, he wont be in that conversation.

I gave you up to possibly 50 that could place, but we both know the number will be ZERO.  No kid in A-AA can possibly place in AAA. 

They said they couldn't compete, so give me a division I can compete in.

Sorry, A-AA made this bed so they best get used to it.

This is a great video.  I highly recommend it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZyz4Jk1LrY