Region 6-AA Tournament

bluedevilpride2012

P. S. I'm not a Drew Maddux fan but he made a good adjustment @ the half tonight. I'm going to guess CPA is not used to slowing it down but that changed the game in the 2nd half. So credit to Maddux despite my distaste for him.

The public/private issue makes Drew a villain in a lot of fans eyes, and I get it. It's a shame those who don't like him don't have a chance to really know him. He is not only a great coach, but a fine family man and a great leader of young men who really loves them and teaches them well - not just basketball.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The public/private issue makes Drew a villain in a lot of fans eyes, and I get it...

That really has nothing to do with it, he has justly opened himself up to the criticism he receives. 

Nerd, what does this have to do with the game and the kids?  You are one of those who says you want to stick to the sport and the game, but then you find a way to make comments like these.  Even if it is a response and not initiated, it still opens the door.  You have a right to do so, but why complain when you are part of getting off topic?  Just a thought...

That really has nothing to do with it, he has justly opened himself up to the criticism he receives. 

Nerd, what does this have to do with the game and the kids?  You are one of those who says you want to stick to the sport and the game, but then you find a way to make comments like these.  Even if it is a response and not initiated, it still opens the door.  You have a right to do so, but why complain when you are part of getting off topic?  Just a thought...

The poster said he disliked him and had a distaste for him. What did that have to do with the game and kids? I was just responding to his opinion. However, I should have known you would be "lurking" about to pounce on any pros or cons on the coach. My bad for opening the door for you.

Creekwood was very impressive and gave CPA fit for 3 of 4 quarters, but CPA defense stepped it up in the 3rd and put the game away. Final score was somewhat deceiving as Creekwood had a 9-0 run on a foul, Technical foul and basket, and then hit a three on the next possession.

Creekwood can really play though and the sophomore twins are players, both inside and out.

CPA needed a test and they got one. Hopefully, this is a wakeup call that there are some good teams left to play.

Congrats to Creekwood on a very well played game.

New to this forum I have to say that at the beginning of the game and to the first half.  CPA got all the calls.  And before anyone chimes in I am CPA fan.  CW #2 took a charge on Bonds.  They didn't call it.  And when CW's #20 got a charge called on him against Blackwell.  Both were terrible calls. And Bonds was over the back as seconds run out at the half.  That would have been his 3rd.  Anyway that's what CPA needed.....to wake them up.  CW has a good team and very young.  Not sure about 20 and 24 being players.  24 is a really good PG.  20 can score but that's all I saw he turns the ball over way to much.   CW really shared the ball the first half.  The second they didn't.  Left some really open players on the wings the whole second half.  I don't have a child in the hunt be it was a really good game to watch.  CW had no answer for Blackwell.  I look forward to seeing CPA 3 peat.

I agree. What is scary is that Blackwell is not only a soph., but is getting better every game. He is much improved now over the first of the season. I think it took him a while to get used to being the "go to" guy after playing with Lindsay last year. College scouts are drooling.

The game was not well officiated, but you get that in HS a lot. Part of the HS game these days. Players get better but officials at this level really don't. As a CPA fan, I thought there were several fouls not called on both sides, but a few more favoring CPA. What was funny is that they even struggled calling the intentional fouls. There were also about 6 walks not called on both sides.

Creekwood was impressive in that they never backed down, played hard but fair, and shot lights out. I love the little #4, but he made a mistake taunting Bonds after making his first 3. Bonds made him pay later.

Agree both with you on Blackwell and officiating.  Blackwell's is an awesome player and the refs were terrible.  As a CPA fan as well, this game is what they needed.  If we had not had the 3rd quarter start, well I'm glad we did.  CW was very well coached and great game plan.  As I said above in another quote, CW just simply quit passing it out in the second half.  Not sure your correct on #4,  I don't remember a #4.  #2 guarded Bonds and he actually did a really good job and that boy could shoot. Didn't see him taunt Bonds though.  Their whole team as I saw it had good sportsmanship.  They had a #2, #5, #20, #23, #24 and #1 off the bench. That's the best shooting team I've seen besides us.  And young as I here it.  CPA didn't play their best but again it's what they needed.  Let's get that 3 peat.

I saw Cheatham play against Pearl and they are the first team with as many talented players as CPA that I have seen in a while. I think if they all shoot that they could be CPA but I think Blackwell would win that game for CPA, but just heads up to CPA that there is another team that has 4 shooters and 6"5 man inside (reason I think Blackwell wins if they play cause he would outplay him)

The public/private issue makes Drew a villain in a lot of fans eyes, and I get it. It's a shame those who don't like him don't have a chance to really know him. He is not only a great coach, but a fine family man and a great leader of young men who really loves them and teaches them well - not just basketball.

Probably is not fair that he is a villain but you are right the public-private debate makes it so. From what I hear what you say is true but until that issue is fixed not only he but CPA will be despised in all of Middle Tennessee. Especially when public teams that would have a good chance to make a state tourney run have no chance with CPA. in the mix.

Maybe I'm to much of an idealist but IMO if Coach Maddux came out and said hey it's probably not fair for us to play publics but for right now we play the way it's setup and I don't make the call as to whether we play D1 or D2 the higher ups make that choice ...it would take a lot of heat off of him....but I'm not sure the higher ups want him saying that lol!

But all of that is for another forum.