Middle School State predictions

WhynotwrestleTN

Way to go Isbell, Palmer, Dooley, Rippy, & Salter representing mid tn wrestling well. Good to see some familiar names from west TN. East TN continues to build their pipeline! Chatt/cleve area no surprise.

Kyle Smith, the 160 state champ, is another middle Tennessee boy.

• Upvote 1

80-  Bryce Pond   Cleveland/ Higher Calling for state but may get beat in duals by junior Noah Horst

Can only think of a few juinors this year that can push the middle school kids.  Noah Horst at 80 and Lawrence Madson at 85.

With all of the talk about Middle School division, their were a few Juniors that stood out at the duals yesterday.

The Junior 70 state champ, Christian Morris, pinned the Middle school state champ, Christian Isbell.  However, Isbell was winning pretty easily and Morris caught him. Still very impressive.

The Junior 70 state champ, Cooper Flynn, went undefeated.  He pinned Isbell,  teched Morris, and beat Garrett Bowers (the Middle School 75 state champ) 7-3.

Noah Horst, Junior 80 state champ and Junior OW, beat Bryce Pond (Middle School 80 state champ) 7-3.  He also went undefeated at the duals as well, and stuck Elijah Oliver's younger brother in the state finals to win his 8th state title in a row.  There was no one close to him all weekend.  I could see him being a 4 timer in high school.

Lawrence Madson, the Junior 85 state champ, had a decent day in the middle school division.  He teched Colby McCall (Middle School 85 6th place), lost 4-0 to Luke Dezember (Middle School 85 runner up), and was pinned in 49 seconds by  Brayden Palmer (Middle School 85 state champ).  He lost 2 matches, but showed he can compete with some of the top middle school kids. 

John, I'm predicting the exact opposite.. I think it's region 4 in elementary and region 3 in MS this year...

Got to ask what may have happened to prevent your bold prediction from coming to fruition? No jab, just... obviously you know wrestling in this area and you had your reasons.

John, I'm predicting the exact opposite.. I think it's region 4 in elementary and region 3 in MS this year...

Arent you from Chattanooga? You are the guy always posting on facebook correct? I would have thought you would have had a better feel for the wrestling scene in your area. Looks like Mr Salter was correct in his predictions and you werent even close. Chattanooga elementary blew everyone away like they always do and the middle school came in third. The team you picked to beat them got beat 84-18. Has the elementary ever lost a single match? Im wondering why you picked them to lose this year? Why did the Chatt Ms have so many forfeits?

5th grade and below Duals-

Chatt vs Region 5- (west nashville and Memphis)  62-28

Chatt vs Region 4-  (Nashville and middle Tn) 85-16

Chatt vs Region 2 ( I guess this is Knoxville ? ) 84-18

Chatt vs region 1 ( i guess this is East Tn ? ) 92-9