Single A State Draws

jasonss

Regardless of what happens for a team off the bottom side to win it is gonna be tough. #1,#2,#3,#5 on the bottom . #20, #7,#11,#24 on top .....That's crazy....so much for being good all year. That means nothing come State time. #1 plays #3...WOW.

The NUMBER 1 TEAM is in the top bracket and that is the DEFENDING STATE CHAMPION LADY BLUE DEVILS from JACKSON COUNTY. Just because a team is ranked in a poll doesn't mean they are better than one that is ranked lower in the same poll. Meigs County would of been a distant 3rd or 4th in Distict 7A as would most of the other teams. Union City has never beaten Jackson County and if they face each other again we will beat them by double digits just like we do every time we play them. I don't care if they are 50-0.

The NUMBER 1 TEAM is in the top bracket and that is the DEFENDING STATE CHAMPION LADY BLUE DEVILS from JACKSON COUNTY. Just because a team is ranked in a poll doesn't mean they are better than one that is ranked lower in the same poll. Meigs County would of been a distant 3rd or 4th in Distict 7A as would most of the other teams. Union City has never beaten Jackson County and if they face each other again we will beat them by double digits just like we do every time we play them. I don't care if they are 50-0.

Polls are done for a reason. Your team may be defending champs but they are not the number the number one team now. Sorry. This is just common sense. I'm sure in the poll in the beging of the year they are ranked first that's a respect thing but when the season start being 50-0 is what gets you to #1.

Regardless of what happens for a team off the bottom side to win it is gonna be tough. #1,#2,#3,#5 on the bottom . #20, #7,#11,#24 on top .....That's crazy....so much for being good all year. That means nothing come State time. #1 plays #3...WOW.

Simmer down. I wouldn't put much, if any, stock into the CoachT strength polls. If you HONESTLY believe there are 6 teams in the state BETTER than Jackson County, you're too far gone already anyways.

You will see if they make it!..J.C may be undefeated against UC BUT not against 7a!

With the talent Clarkrange already has, I think I'd want my daughter going somewhere that she could get more playing time and be a part of helping turn a program around, or return them to their former days of glory. How are these parents going to feel if they live close to York and drive their child by the school every day to another school only to see their daughter get little playing time and possibly never make the starting lineup? It's not like it's fearing competition for a young lady to not go to Clarkrange, it's more common sense to me for them to attend the closest school and not have the expense and danger of being on the road so much (yes, I know the schools are relatively close). If they're good enough they'll be seen by colleges, I assure you. And though it wasn't mentioned, most AA schools have more to offer academically than an A school. To me, the academics should be the first thing a parent looks at before anything else.

I respect the coach you mentioned who doesn't recruit or solicit. In my opinion, a coach who does that is only concerned about padding his stats - possibly to jump ship at a better coaching opportunity or to be a coaching legend. No once can convince me that a coach who does that has the young lady's best interest in mind....merely what she can do for him.

It's a parent's business what they do with their daughter, and I'm not indicating they're in the wrong to take their daughter to another school just for basketball. I guess I'm just saying it would probably be the wrong thing for me if that was the only criteria.

I would rather be a sub on a good team than a star on a bad team any day.