Houston Co. vs Union City

wtspfan

I think it's hilarious that tomorrow morning at 10am two amazing teams that have worked hard will play in a incredible game and all someone can say about Houston County is that they cheated against MTCS. Really? I cannot say one way or another but there are a lot Of sketchy things you could say about This particular game. I could insult someone's integrity and say a I was told a lady fled the bleacher and all but cussed a 70 year old woman. Wow. That is full of integrity in itself. I don't think this is what it is about. How about a team that has over come obstacle after obstacle and fought hard to have to have something like a 32-2 record! Pretty sure their scorekeeper had absolutely nothing to do with it. Spend time with these young ladies. They are academically sound with an amazing work Ethic. Their senior guard has scores over 1000 points in her four year career. Again pretty sure their scorekeeper plays no part in this. I personally plan on being there to watch this game and regardless who wins Houston County has a lot to be proud of! They lost a key 6'2 post player and their Junior player has stepped up and been amazing. On several occasions they lost a senior guard due to injury and continued to win. I guess there scorekeeper must be awesome.

"the latest issue"???

I don't know what you mean? But, I do believe you just confirmed previous issues. Again, just a word of warning to any and all opponents of HCHS. Seasons have ended in the past only to discover something fishy in the water ;)

I only said "latest issue" because you alleged in your previous post that they (Houston County) has been known to have clock issues dating back to the 80s. I have no clue if that is accurate or not but I can tell you I have not heard anyone else make that statement about coming to Houston County's gym. I'm out (dropped the mic)

I remember one year Gibson Co. went to the state tournament with a gaudy 33-0 record, blowing teams out left and right all season. We were convinced that we were going to win it all. We then ran into something called Hogeye (ask the upper Cumberland people about that). They talked trash that we played a weak schedule etc. so we talked the trash back. Needless to say, we finished the season 33-1 and left the Murphy Center with an empty feeling.

copenoc, moral to the story..... head into the Murphy Center proud wearing that purple and gold today, but be humble as well... wish for the best and be prepared for the worst.... it sucks losing after talking as much trash as you have talked on the boards lol (mostly on the other threads)... I hope you guys win it all, you're very capable, but I figured I would give you a fair warning before you get into the gym today lol.... Good luck to you guys!

Edited by GCPioneer

There's not a humble bone in ole Copes body, he's talked trash all year. He better be ready to eat some humble pie. I can already tell he's going to play the bad refs card if they lose. All it will take for Union City to lose is a group of referees that call the game tight and Union City wont adjust their game. They didn't have too all year and they wont now. 

Union City is a good team but to beat Clark Range/Jackson County back to back, it aint going to  happen but good luck.

Edited by Greenfieldfan

Thanks GC for the info..And yea I have talked much trash on the boys and girls thread..I love it!!..To be honest with you man I do itI just to see what kind of response I get..lol..It's all fun to me!..Most things I post have a lot of facts and truth to them but the other is nothing but smack to get a response..What would yall do without me on here??..But I do promise u im a fan of GC.girls basketball and the rich tradition yall have and I truly believe GC will be the team to beat in the next 8 yrs or so..I dont agree with everything you post but I do for the most part..I did prove you wrong about Humboldt..lol..As far as a UC faithfull..Im not!..But I am a fan of the rich tradition their also and a big fan of Marty Sisco and his knowledge to the game and Jimmy Whitby..As for being at the boro wearing purple that aint gonna happen man!..And as far as me talking trash and get proven wrong ill just eat Crow..It taste like Chicken! ..lol