2014 5-AAA Football

GOOSESDAD

I'm taking up money to get biscuits and aggressive a hotel room, anyone want to donate

Anyone else get tired of posters name dropping like they're coaches on here? Anonymous board grudge matches are a joke. Both teams lost good players. Both teams have good players coming up.

So do other teams in 5AAA.

I'm excited to see which underclassmen units from last year make the most gains. Which, in my opinion, makes McMinn worth a mention on here.

I'm not going to try to talk history of the area with you guys. Having been here less than 5 years I don't stand a chance. However, I do know about this current Owl team. The underclassmen took their playoff loss very seriously. A large amount started their 2014 journey the week after the loss to East Ham. That group of kids has grown. They're a competitive bunch that I'd stack up against anyone around. This team won't be held hostage by a single player this year. The only uncertainty is which QB will win the starting job. Both are capable. Both will give it their all to lead the team. We'll be deeper at RB than last year barring injuries. Our WR core imo is the deepest in our division, they will have a balanced mix of speed, and height(we lacked last season). On defense we're just a year more mature and experienced, I don't expect to give up the big play as often that seemed to kill us last year. The kids that want it the most will be the ones that separate themselves from the pack. I believe these kids have that.

Great post! The Owls will be a top team this fall and have a very good shot a winning it. The D will be stout and more then enough talent to be more the good on O. Your coaching staff is top flight. You also hit on something very important that playoff loss can and should drive this team next season, it could be a weapon for them, the burn should push them...... This team is looking at 8-2 or even 9-1......

Jackson was solid, but not your best player on defense.

How about you ask Coach Gatewood or any coach in the region. You'll be in for a surprise. :thumb:

If he was not the best he was very close to if! He will be the best in the district next year, kid can play he is in my mind a D-1 guy, Knoxville better get in early. He is also a class kid off the field.