2014 5-AAA Football

GOOSESDAD

Enough about defense. Who is going to win this district. I myself think McMinn is the sleeper that nobody is talking about.

McMinn will be better and no one should count them out. IMO here is the key for them games 2 thru 5 are very hard games Hosting McCallie, @ Cleveland, @ Alcoa, hosting Oak Ridge now only one of those is a district game but if they can get thru those games and not get hurt they could be right there. If they lose all 4 of those games and they could can they keep it together with out falling apart? Now they did last year and got better by year end, we will see. The last game of the season they travel to Hooterville that will be key.

I'm going to end the defense debate right here. Last season the cleveland defense that PA claims was so bad gave up an average of 21.07 points per game. The defense that PA claims was so good and loaded with studs gave up an average of 21.08 points per game. I don't see much of a difference, the numbers don't lie. Both defenses were average.

I would agree. But in fairness to the Owls they do return most of there starters from last year. I do think those youg pups have gotten better and should be dogs this year. The Owls will be a top D team this year, and they have weapons on O there key is how quick they can get there young QB's to gel.

I would agree. But in fairness to the Owls they do return most of there starters from last year. I do think those youg pups have gotten better and should be dogs this year. The Owls will be a top D team this year, and they have weapons on O there key is how quick they can get there young QB's to gel.

We know all of what u just said. Nobody is questioning that. We know they have all the tools and players to have a solid D. But the numbers don't back it up. But that was last yr and they should be very much improved. I'm just saying passive is always bashing defenses yet the owls aren't any better. Having the potential and proving it on the field is something they haven't done

Edited by fooseball96

We know all of what u just said. Nobody is questioning that. We know they have all the tools and players to have a solid D. But the numbers don't back it up. But that was last yr and they should be very much improved. I'm just saying passive is always bashing defenses yet the owls aren't any better. Having the potential and proving it on the field is something they haven't done

Yea, I know. I was throwing my boy a bone.......

I'm going to end the defense debate right here. Last season the cleveland defense that PA claims was so bad gave up an average of 21.07 points per game. The defense that PA claims was so good and loaded with studs gave up an average of 21.08 points per game. I don't see much of a difference, the numbers don't lie. Both defenses were average.

The Owls defense was the best in the District..PERIOD.....Let me explain...

yes we had the Pittbull..but our defense won and kept us in alot of games..

we were 26 seconds away from gettin upset by the Canes until the the Real 21 intercepted the pass that was meant for the Anchored Down 21....

Dobbyns Bennet did not see the endzone because of the goal line stance the defense made..they went straight for the Pittbulls knees and he was out the first qtr...the offense scored 10 points...and DB scored 3...

that next week Pittman was out with a knee injury we had time to practice with another back Hayes and pulled out the win against Bradley.... the defense recovered a fumble in the endzone.....

at Cleveland...the raiders had a fg in 1st qtr.(defense)

2 tds's and a fg in second qtr

3rd qtr. 1 td and a missed  2 pt. converson and missed fg(defense)

4 th qtr no points (defense)

The Owls DEFENSE kept us in that game...held you scoreless in the 4th after being down 20-7 at the half.....still seconds away from a win.....on the 4 yard line..then a penalty...not your defense....cost us that game...

Mcminn was strictly DEFENSE....we chased that little qb all night...but he kept completing passes....and don't mention the phantom flags thrown at will...3 tds on defense...one called back....the defense made the last big play to escape with a w.....

I'm just sayin...our DEFENSE won alot of games for us as our offense fizzled late in the season...

It will take some time for all qb's to gel...thats why you need a good DEFENSE to stop other teams like Cleveland who say they will have a high scoring offense with Tebow on 3rd and inches ....Parker and Onion as the 2 headed monster in the running game... the question is can your DEFENSE....stop a high scoring offense???....Sorry buddies but I hang my Hat, Coat, and Shoes on DEFENSE......IMO Football is about stopping the opponent from scoring more points than you...and I think you do that on DEFENSE>>> :popcorneater:

The Owls defense was the best in the District..PERIOD.....Let me explain...

yes we had the Pittbull..but our defense won and kept us in alot of games..

we were 26 seconds away from gettin upset by the Canes until the the Real 21 intercepted the pass that was meant for the Anchored Down 21....

Dobbyns Bennet did not see the endzone because of the goal line stance the defense made..they went straight for the Pittbulls knees and he was out the first qtr...the offense scored 10 points...and DB scored 3...

that next week Pittman was out with a knee injury we had time to practice with another back Hayes and pulled out the win against Bradley.... the defense recovered a fumble in the endzone.....

at Cleveland...the raiders had a fg in 1st qtr.(defense)

2 tds's and a fg in second qtr

3rd qtr. 1 td and a missed  2 pt. converson and missed fg(defense)

4 th qtr no points (defense)

The Owls DEFENSE kept us in that game...held you scoreless in the 4th after being down 20-7 at the half.....still seconds away from a win.....on the 4 yard line..then a penalty...not your defense....cost us that game...

Mcminn was strictly DEFENSE....we chased that little qb all night...but he kept completing passes....and don't mention the phantom flags thrown at will...3 tds on defense...one called back....the defense made the last big play to escape with a w.....

I'm just sayin...our DEFENSE won alot of games for us as our offense fizzled late in the season...

you have to be like 14.