2014 5-AAA Football

GOOSESDAD

I started this thread,because a new one needed to be started.Its spring not late july or august wait til jamboree and scrimmages start before all this crap is thrown....hahahahaha or not.im going by last years rosters i.e.returning juniors and sophs and some freshmen.nobody knows what anybody has until summer practice starts,PERIOD.I Ooltewah has more because I'm a owl fan first(but I do have common sense).....Owls have more going on that they want you to know,JUST LIKE EVERYBODY ELSE!!!,With that being said everybody needs a QB.(East-hammy has a soph on paper,but he is older,should be a junior.)It all starts there,Ooltewah has 3-4 to choose from one is a recognizable name from parts unkown-wink wink.other 3 are fighting for ranks.cleveland has the massey kid that will be good by the time he graduates.I known coaches,players,parents from all 3 teams.....and I would never give up anybody's schemes or anything,but I do throw HINTS.kinda

I can't go one day without taking an innocent jab.i tried to do it thr old farts way but that's not fun for young folks.

IMO....I can't put Cleveland in front of the Owls.....they always have problems on defense....will the new stud qb throw for 2k???and the qb from 2013 was pretty much neutralized in the big game....the rbs are a sure thing....still came on the scene late but at the right time....the defense...I can't honestly rate the play against the Owls in 2013 because the best 67 from the o-line and 31 from the d-line did not play....still march the ball down the field....got stopped by a penalty...not the defense with seconds left..

Man, I had to backtrack through 6 pages of finger-pointing to get back to something worth responding to.  Biscuits and Passive need to go to your rooms!

Here's my early take on the Blue Raiders:

Their offense will have a different look, but will be equally effective at both quickly scoring points and eating the clock with their ground game.  Hard to compare the new QB with the previous one.  Definitely different play styles, and the new one has wheels...and runs downhill, not looking for the sidelines or avoiding contact.  (Tebow-style?)

While they may not stretch the field with "pick your poison" tracksters at the wideout positions, they have several sure-handed receivers who have seen action and  performed well...as well as some who have been developing and just might surprise some folks. (at least two of them run track...)

Defense will be somewhat of a question, but many of the key openings will be filled by shifting existing personnel into new places.  Key will be working offensive drives to minimize the time the defense is on the field.  Depth may be an issue across the board, so they need to stay healthy.

Special teams should be exceptional...both the kicker and punter have excelled and improved weekly.

Overall team speed will be improved.  As coach Monroe always said, "if you can't be bigger...you need to be quicker".  Off-season preparation has centered around strength, agility, and quickness.  Should be fun to watch them move.

They return a sizeable senior class...many of which have had varsity experience, some for several years (one lineman will be a 4 year starter).  They learned to win last  year, and now they expect success.  I'm very optimistic about their capabilities.  Looking forward to summertime, as I don't believe the spring contact will shed a lot of light due to so many missing players for baseball and track.

EH will return 20 seniors.  16/20 have played significant minutes.

EH will return 19 juniors.  6/19 have played significant minutes.

That isn't even taking into account transfers already in the building or ineligible transfers last year.

Cleveland is returning 27 Seniors.  Do you think 80% of them saw significant time?

Cleveland is returning 25 Juniors.  Do you think 30% of them saw significant time?

Ooltewah is returning 27 Seniors.  Do you think 80% of them saw significant time?

Ooltewah is returning 26 Juniors.  Do you think 30% of them saw significant time?

Quantity or quality?  Both Ooltewah and Cleveland have more kids on their respective teams, but does simply having more seniors/juniors (regardless of experience) make your team better?

I do not get those numbers...... What are you basing significant playing time. I do think a lot of kids got spot playing time.

I do not get those numbers...... What are you basing significant playing time. I do think a lot of kids got spot playing time.

They either started a game(s), played in more than 5 games, or started on multiple special teams.

A lot of kids played last year for East Hamilton and not in garbage time.  9 kids rotated at linebacker (all but 3 were underclassmen)  Both kids that worked at cornerback opposite #21 are back.  At least 3 OL.  At least 1 WR.  At least 2 on the DL.  All three RB's.  And several kids made plays on multiple special teams.  The punter returns also.

That's 18 kids that saw significant time right there without mentioning special team kids.

They either started a game(s), played in more than 5 games, or started on multiple special teams.

A lot of kids played last year for East Hamilton and not in garbage time.  9 kids rotated at linebacker (all but 3 were underclassmen)  Both kids that worked at cornerback opposite #21 are back.  At least 3 OL.  At least 1 WR.  At least 2 on the DL.  All three RB's.  And several kids made plays on multiple special teams.  The punter returns also.

That's 18 kids that saw significant time right there without mentioning special team kids.

OK, I hear you.......