District 9 A-AA, new district realignment, new rivals, who to watch for?

Varo

With some new teams added to this district, who are the teams to watch for and what are the predictions for this North/South split District?

SOUTH: 

Community

Fayetteville

Forrest

Middle Tennessee Christian

White House

NORTH:

Greenbrier

Sycamore

Westmoreland

White House Heritage

Cheatham Co.?

Harpeth

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm more familiar with the South since I haven't seen anyone in the North play in a couple of years. I think the South is wide open for the taking. Fayetteville and MTCS have a lot of potential. I don't have an opinion on White House, I have never seen them play but the rest must be relieved that Summit, Page and Marshall County are gone. I think it's a more fair district now. Potentially any of the South teams could take the district.

I'm more familiar with the South since I haven't seen anyone in the North play in a couple of years. I think the South is wide open for the taking. Fayetteville and MTCS have a lot of potential. I don't have an opinion on White House, I have never seen them play but the rest must be relieved that Summit, Page and Marshall County are gone. I think it's a more fair district now. Potentially any of the South teams could take the district.

I wonder how they let White House into the south.  White House will definitely be undefeated in the south district.  No doubt white house wins it!!

I wonder how they let White House into the south.  White House will definitely be undefeated in the south district.  No doubt white house wins it!!

WH has a tough schedule lined up, some AAA teams and the away games aren't going to be that difficult travel-wise.  Off to a sketchy start but that was against Brentwood.  I wouldn't go so far as to give them the Southern crown just yet.  Community is always tough, and playing on their pasture is disconcerting, and I agree with ballermom about FHS and MTCS.  Forrest will have a hard road again this season.  I've been looking on some of the websites at last year's records for an idea of the competition, and the North is kind of like the South, a couple of haves and some have nots. Injuries will play a big factor to determine who moves on. 

Who knows how the district tournament works with two divisions?  When I heard talk last year of realignment, I was told the top two of each division play against the other two for a winner and runner-up.  Is that how it shakes out? 

I don't think you can count on White House to be undefeated but I guess anything is possible. I just don't think you can call it yet anything can happen.

Would be shocked if White House doesn't roll thru that side of District.

After watching White House go to the State tournament the last 3 years and knowing the players they have returning, I'd be shocked if they loose a district game, I might even be surprised if they give up a goal.

Well, what else can be said?  The other teams might as well phone in their forfeits now and give them their region crown.  Go ahead and make your reservations in Murfreesboro. 

So how many state tournaments have Community, Fayetteville, Forrest, & Middle Tennessee Christian been too?  I saw Fayetteville last year and they were a coed team. Middle Tennessee was a nice team but not real strong. Forrest has already been beat bad by an average WW. H. Heritage team.  I've never seen Community, what have they got?  White House will play a very tough non district schedule and by tournament time they will be ready.

So how many state tournaments have Community, Fayetteville, Forrest, & Middle Tennessee Christian been too?  I saw Fayetteville last year and they were a coed team. Middle Tennessee was a nice team but not real strong. Forrest has already been beat bad by an average WW. H. Heritage team.  I've never seen Community, what have they got?  White House will play a very tough non district schedule and by tournament time they will be ready.

Absolutely none.  I'm not taking anything away from WH or WHH, just sayin' Forrest doesn't represent the whole of the southern region in this district.  Just like the WH don't represent all of the northern region.  Fayetteville still is a coed team, but that's not a deal breaker.  MTCS is scrappy.  Community is decent.  Can they make a long run in the tournament?  That remains to be seen.  I've seen WH' schedule and they play a lot of AAA teams.  Barring injuries they should be very successful, but what I'm saying is every team has a bad game.  If it's during district play, then so be it.  We (Fayetteville) play Community next Tuesday, then White House there on Friday. Let's see how it shakes out.  Being optimistic doesn't necessarily mean clueless.

You are right.  I saw White House play this weekend and while they are still strong in the back they are having trouble scoring, surprised me a little.  They have lost 3 big scoring threats in addition to the seniors they lost from last year.  I still think they will be the team to beat but they definitely have some holes to fill.