Tyner beating Baylor got my attention

BillVol

You have been hard on this coaching staff this year, but to be honest for the record Chae had threw 70 innings going into Saturday's game as well had Gordon Lee's Broom and Broom threw lights out and was part of a no hitter, so maybe Chae was just off because reports were that his velocity was there, but location wasn't which is not a sign of wear but maybe some nerves for the biggest game Tyner has played in a few years.

But with all that said, Chae will be a very good college pitcher wherever he lands!

70 innings in Tennessee for the regular season is a very very high amount. The kid from Gordon Lee throwing 70 innings isnt near as bad seeing how Georgia starts playing weeks before Tennessee. 70 innings for the regular season is ridiculous and I hate to see the kid being taken advantage of in that way. I too agree that he will be an even better college pitcher because he will be somewhere that doesnt overuse his terrific ability.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Season started March 10th and ended April 30th for 51 day period which means if you threw every 5 days that would be 10 starts and if you throw a complete game each time that would be 70 innings which is a little high IMO but not to the extreme you are making it out to be. Also alot has to do with pitch counts, our kid who threw the no-hitter Saturday did so in six innings with 70 pitches, so you would have to know what Chae's pitch total was as well to make a true detrmination....and before you ask no I don't let my kids throw that many innings

Edited by skydogg25

Season started March 10th and ended April 30th for 51 day period which means if you threw every 5 days that would be 10 starts and if you throw a complete game each time that would be 70 innings which is a little high IMO but not to the extreme you are making it out to be. Also alot has to do with pitch counts, our kid who threw the no-hitter Saturday did so in six innings with 70 pitches, so you would have to know what Chae's pitch total was as well to make a true detrmination....and before you ask no I don't let my kids throw that many innings

Didnt realize you coached but anyway am glad you dont overuse your kids. Every 5 days is ok but I saw one week where the kid started 3 times in 8 days. That's just asking for problems. Im living proof of arm problems. I went through elbow and shoulder surgery back in the day and it's not very fun.

Didnt realize you coached but anyway am glad you dont overuse your kids. Every 5 days is ok but I saw one week where the kid started 3 times in 8 days. That's just asking for problems. Im living proof of arm problems. I went through elbow and shoulder surgery back in the day and it's not very fun.

Yeah the frequency would be the problem that I would have the problem with and you're right it causes so many problems as the young man gets older!