Bradley vs Cleveland football this Friday (04/25)

baconbreath

The incredible thing about this game was that no one had any on the field injuries other than normal bumps and bruises from full-contact football.  I'm sure that many of them needed assistance getting out of bed this morning but everyone on each team seemed to have a great time. I saw some of the best sportsmanship ever displayed between these two schools. Players would try to tear the opponent's head off but then offer to help them up afterwards. After the game there were a lot of players chatting it up with players from the other team and talking about an alumni game next season. The crowd was about 5,000 last night for an alumni game on April 25th, for pete's sake! But after all, it was was Bradley vs Cleveland. The weather conditions were perfect and the field was in incredibly good shape. I think the players that enjoyed it the most were those that did not get to play the other team during their high school career due to the period in the 90's and early 00's when they did not meet.  

If there is anything that could have been added to make the entire experience any better, I for one would like to hear what it would be. There were a few guys with ages in their 30's and 40's playing last night but the bulk of the players seemed to be from the graduating years of the 00's. Superb performances by the quarterbacks, Tez Davis and Preston Scoggins and Timmy Lynn and 'Old Man' Bryan Copeland for the Bears. The moves and speed from the running backs is still there. You could flip the calendar forward a few months and it felt just like a typical game during the fall season, that's how good the competition was last night.

Hats off to everyone who attended but especially to the school administrators, coaches and players that brought this together.  I'm sure that many who were unable to play in last night's game will be first in line next year to get a shot to play in the next game.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic