McNairy Central Football 2014

I've just got to address the elephant! If he is soooo good, why didn't Dresden hire him?

Coach Hodge is sometimes too passionate during a game. He lets poor officiating get to him sometimes. He was penalized on several occasions and was ejected once. I love the passion and my bet is that now that he's a head coach that it won't happen again (the penalties and ejection). The players and fans will love him and he WILL win!

God has his plan for each of us and more often than not it isn't what we think it should be at the time.  Chad was meant to go to McNairy Co. for a reason.  Only time will tell why things ended up the way they did.  He will do what it takes to ensure that his passion on Friday nights is kept positive.  I hope you guys have some exciting times down there.  Your schedule is a bit tough the first half of the season.  How does the team look size, speed, and numbers wise?

Coach Hodge is sometimes too passionate during a game. He lets poor officiating get to him sometimes. He was penalized on several occasions and was ejected once. I love the passion and my bet is that now that he's a head coach that it won't happen again (the penalties and ejection). The players and fans will love him and he WILL win!

Passionate and instability are very different! My brother has coached a long time and the program he is with is very successful and passionate but I can assure you there has never been a flag thrown on any of the coaches and an ejection is just embarrassing!

Passionate and instability are very different! My brother has coached a long time and the program he is with is very successful and passionate but I can assure you there has never been a flag thrown on any of the coaches and an ejection is just embarrassing!

Well your brother must the SAINT of all saints! Good for him!!! Too bad the new super wasn't looking for a saint to hire. As far as your embarrassment....GET OVER IT!

Well your brother must the SAINT of all saints! Good for him!!! Too bad the new super wasn't looking for a saint to hire. As far as your embarrassment....GET OVER IT!

Hes not a saint cause he's Protestant, but do you know how rare it is for a high school football coach in TN to be ejected from a game? I know of 2 cases in all of my years and they both happened last year. Warrior aren't u an HC guy? Why so defensive or are you Hodge still fighting the HC fight??? Edited by slapper

Hes not a saint cause he's Protestant, but do you know how rare it is for a high school football coach in TN to be ejected from a game? I know of 2 cases in all of my years and they both happened last year. Warrior aren't u an HC guy? Why so defensive or are you Hodge still fighting the HC fight???

I coached for 30 years in Mississippi before retiring to HC so I know about penalties. I don't think a coach should be judged on a couple of penalties and a single ejection. He does need to calm down and I'll bet that he does. What HC fight are you talking about? I thought he did a great job at HC with Gaddis and he also did real good at Dresden. That's why I'm pulling for him.

If you would take the time to look into Coach Chad Hodge's outrages it was him getting overly passionate or concerned about the safety of his players. He treats his players like his children. If you want to judge him for trying to protect his players then go right ahead. My guess is that he learned from those situations and will try to keep his cool as a head coach.

He treats his players like his own children? lol, ok, that should work out well.

I hope he does well, but, school systems should be careful and do due diligence before swooning to a "good interview"

Been there, done that, got the tshirt.

where did this Johnnycomelately come from?

wise old coach once said " if you've never been thrown out of a game then you aint never coached". I will look past the ejection and maybe even a flag or two. he will quickly realize that as a head coach those unnecessary flags from the sideline no least must not happen, quickest way to get beat is unforced penalties. I don't want to hear about officiating either what they call is what they call, they never change their call and its a coaches job to deal with it. they can be talked to in a civil manner. treating kids as ones own in theory sounds good but in reality will prob. not work so well at mchs. there are several parents that want special treatment and think they know the game better than anyone ever could. someone asked about McNairy size, speed, skill. honestly as a whole they are undersized (a couple big kids). as a whole they are slow (a few speed demons 3 or 4). my prediction is that politics got them here and if a certain kid "wins" the qb position then it will signify that politics won and coach caved.

Edited by 9oldschool5

Hes not a saint cause he's Protestant, but do you know how rare it is for a high school football coach in TN to be ejected from a game? I know of 2 cases in all of my years and they both happened last year. Warrior aren't u an HC guy? Why so defensive or are you Hodge still fighting the HC fight???

Coach McCauley are you upset that McNairy did not hire you?Your name was in the interview process for the bobcats.