12 A

kareem

I think Perry Co, and Santa Fe are definitely the teams to beat this year. Neither is unbeatable. The district is weaker this year than in years past. It is spelled Jamarcus Webster, and he did have two dunks on Lawrence Co. but LC was very small. Jamarcus has bad knees that will hurt him this year, but he will still be hard to stop.

Guest BBallPrince

Looks like Perry County is starting out overrated again. They got a thumping by BGA, so it looks like without Warren's leadership they are just an average team. Who is starting for Perry County now? So how is Santa Fe and Summertown doing? Any scrimages?

I watched the BGA / Perry County scrimmage. Both teams looked a little rusty. BGA led most of the game - but Perry County continued to play hard and stayed in the game right to the end. BGA's lead was single digits most of the game; once or twice as much as 10 - 12 points. Final was approx. 65 - 58 BGA winning.

It looked to me the teams were pretty evenly matched, it is hard to say because the scrimmage was sloppy.

I thought Perry County looked OK - they have the potential to be a pretty good team.

I think Perry County has the potential to make it to state this year. Cody Warren's leadership will be missed, but I think the team is ready to move on. and I wouldn't exactly call the BGA scrimmage a thumping :)by the way bballprince, where are you from? just wondering if you were from a 12A school or something.

[Edited by pcchick4life on 11-12-02 5:38P]