Cadet/Junior Nationals Updates

WrestlingGod

I believe Chris Debien was the only TN wrestler in the FILA Cadet Greco-Roman tournament.

He won a very solid third solid match 12-10. Back and forth the whole time with Corey Shiue but was able to re-roll the head throws nicely.

Not sure what the original poster's goal was to talk about though. When most people talk about Cadet / Junior Nationals they are talking about what most people commonly call "Fargo" which occurs at the end of July. The vent occurring this weekend is the FILA Cadet Nationals which is a slightly different age division. The FILA Junior Nationals were completed around a month ago.

The only two registered in freestyle are Trey Chalifoux and Chris Debien. Debien was the only Greco competitor.

I thought that Oliver & Murphy would make the trip but with most high schools in Tennessee taking final exams it's difficult for kids to train like they need to for Fila Cadets.  We all know that excellent academics will open more doors than wrestling.

Edited by cbg
  • Upvote 1

I thought that Oliver & Murphy would make the trip but with most high schools in Tennessee taking final exams it's difficult for kids to train like they need to for Fila Cadets. We all know that excellent academics will open more doors than wrestling.

Baylor has finals starting today so Murph couldn't have wrestled