Region 1 back to the present

marshiebaby

I'm interested in seeing alot of the matches that could take place this season. Obviously not knowing where the guys from the Hill will be its hard to say some of these will happen.

Bynum(DC) vs Nelson(THS) at 113 or 120-These matches are always fun. They maybe at different weights this year. Both should win region titles if they are in seperate weights though.

Hux(JC) vs Hurley(THS) at 126-A rematch would be really fun to watch. They always put on a good overtime show.

Collins(JC) vs Porter(ME) at 132-I would imagine Porter moves up and as stacked as they are at Jeffco I'd say this is where Collins ends up. Could be very interesting this season.

Rolston(SH)/Williams(ME)/Jeffers(DB) at 152-I haven't heard much about Williams this summer but he's a gamer and could win the region at this weight. I know it probably wont happen but I would like to see Pendley(THS) at this weight too.

Broyles(MW) vs Jessee(SH) at 160- This could be the region championship match if Begley moves up. I'm not sure if they've ever wrestled but I like the match up.

Begley(DB) vs Hardin(SH) at 170-If Palmer moves up this will be the finals match. Could be intersting.

English/Dean/Nguyen at 182-This could be a really fun series to watch all season. I think English will wind up on top.

Whitelaw(MW) vs Bagley(SH) at 220-Obviously this match won't happen unless the hill bumps Bagley up to wrestle him against west. Alot of people don't know Whitelaw but trust me... they will very soon. Could be a great match.

Most of these are just off of the top of my head and I'd love to hear everyone's opinions or matches they want to see!

-Dylan

Edited by newcoach215
  • Upvote 1

I want to wish the boys from Region 1 that are traveling to Super 32 next weekend good luck! It takes a lot of courage to stand up to the best in the country. Many weigh classes have well over 150 wrestlers per class. I think the focus for these boys is not just winning our region, or even placing at state, but finally winning the state! I have seen many region 1 boys competing this summer: Bagley, Nguyen, and Rolston from Science Hill; Hurley, Spangler and their 106s from TN High, English from Jeff County early in the summer, and Begley from DB. Palmer did not play football this year so we will see what year round wrestling will do for a once multi-sport wrestler. He has wrestled with any and every coach that would take him this summer. (Thank you Coach Smith!). I am certain that Palmer will still be at 160 for season. Good luck this weekend and show them that TN's region 1 can compete!

I want to wish the boys from Region 1 that are traveling to Super 32 next weekend good luck! It takes a lot of courage to stand up to the best in the country. Many weigh classes have well over 150 wrestlers per class. I think the focus for these boys is not just winning our region, or even placing at state, but finally winning the state! I have seen many region 1 boys competing this summer: Bagley, Nguyen, and Rolston from Science Hill; Hurley, Spangler and their 106s from TN High, English from Jeff County early in the summer, and Begley from DB. Palmer did not play football this year so we will see what year round wrestling will do for a once multi-sport wrestler. He has wrestled with any and every coach that would take him this summer. (Thank you Coach Smith!). I am certain that Palmer will still be at 160 for season. Good luck this weekend and show them that TN's region 1 can compete!

Great to hear Palmer put in the work over the summer. State Champ this year if you ask me.

It's good to see the region 1 guys competing at the next level. Tyler has been to some of our workouts this summer and he is looking good physically. If he can stay focused this season, I really think that he can have a great year and great college career.

Tyler stopped by The Hill for a little bit last Friday during his break. Boy does he look good! Big and physical. Walking around about 180. Got to wrestle with him for about 30 mins and I felt like he had me backing up the entire time. His hand fighting is great. I think he's going to have a great season. I hope I'm able to watch him compete at some point this season.

Good weekend for future and past Region 1 wrestlers.

Chase Diehl of Liberty Bell Middle School finished 6th at Super 32!

Jon Boatman traveled with King to The Citadel and finished 6th in their open at 125.

Andrew Armstrong also had a strong showing at Citadel going 3-2 at 133.

Great to hear about Diehl! Will have to keep an eye out for him as the middle school season progresses this year! Boatman doing well on the next level is no surprise to me! Love to watch that kid wrestle. I'm also not surprised to hear Armstrong is at 133 he was a huge 26 pounder his senior year. I expect great things out of him!

not that I want it to steam by, as life moves to quick as it is, but cant wait till it starts...  Even in our little corner of the state, of questionable relevance to some, I do love to see the wrestlers compete and win or lose give their best in the contest...  One on one, their is no greater sport or 6 minute test of your heart...  Win or lose its how you compete and did you leave it all out there that matters!!