2014 Class 3A Coaches Poll

AllRegion

That's OK, keep hating and making fun. I will be the first to say how impressive Alcoa's program in football has been and continues to be. I for one do not believe that Alcoa needs to go after any players, Alcoa's program attracts players. When you become that good, players seek you. With that being said, and keep poking fun if you will, but if you go back three short years ago and look at the sad state that was CPA football and see what leaps and bounds Coach Martin has made, you will see the same effect take place that has occurred in basketball at CPA, players will seek out CPA, just like Alcoa. I'm not saying CPA will win the gold ball every year, but Alcoa's days of running through 3a will be challenged by the new 3a power in middle TN.

Edited by MrTwister

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's OK, keep hating and making fun. I will be the first to say how impressive Alcoa's program in football has been and continues to be. I for one do not believe that Alcoa needs to go after any players, Alcoa's program attracts players. When you become that good, players seek you. With that being said, and keep poking fun if you will, but if you go back three short years ago and look at the sad state that was CPA football and see what leaps and bounds Coach Martin has made, you will see the same effect take place that has occurred in basketball at CPA, players will seek out CPA, just like Alcoa. I'm not saying CPA will win the gold ball every year, but Alcoa's days of running through 3a will be challenged by the new 3a power in middle TN.

Yes, Coach Martin and CPA has made big leaps and bounds the last 3 years and its called (RECRUITING WELL!!!)

Yes, Coach Martin and CPA has made big leaps and bounds the last 3 years and its called (RECRUITING WELL!!!)

alltime, All those D1 prospects and NFL player sons were born and raised right there on Old Hickory Blvd. Why would you say such a thing? ^_^

alltime, All those D1 prospects and NFL player sons were born and raised right there on Old Hickory Blvd. Why would you say such a thing? ^_^

LOL LOL It is what it is my friend! Nothing against Coach Martin but what CPA does on defense and offense is pretty simple but they have a lot better players than (MOST) 3A teams.

Edited by alltime

LOL LOL It is what it is my friend! Nothing against Coach Martin but what CPA does on defense and offense is pretty simple but they have a lot better players than (MOST) 3A teams.

Don't get me started about this crap. Martin was also a Florida Gator to top it all off. That stinks about as bad as you can get not to mention his private school ties.

How is CAK looking for 2014? They still get lots of respect in power rankings and polls and after the beast schedule they played last year one would think they'd have their dukes up.

Skill positions should be improved, should have more team speed, but will be thin & small overall up front on both sides of the ball with little, if any, depth.  I think in reality #3 is a very lofty ranking for the Warriors considering their schedule & youth. However, Coach Bradley & staff have proven time & time again that they can make a team competitive even with overall fewer athletes, size & ability. They are masters at game planning & preparation. When given enough exceptional athletes (like in recent past) CAK is a serious threat, even for Alcoa.  However, I just don't see that being the case this year. 

Skill positions should be improved, should have more team speed, but will be thin & small overall up front on both sides of the ball with little, if any, depth.  I think in reality #3 is a very lofty ranking for the Warriors considering their schedule & youth. However, Coach Bradley & staff have proven time & time again that they can make a team competitive even with overall fewer athletes, size & ability. They are masters at game planning & preparation. When given enough exceptional athletes (like in recent past) CAK is a serious threat, even for Alcoa.  However, I just don't see that being the case this year. 

Well if they are improved over last year any they would probably justify a 3 rank. They played as tough a schedule as they could have.

I'd pay $27 to see them match up with CPA.

Edited by Swarm

Well if they are improved over last year any they would probably justify a 3 rank. They played as tough a schedule as they could have.

I'd pay $27 to see them match up with CPA.

The only way these 2 teams will play is if we split public private because CAK can't compete with Alcoa this yr!

Edited by alltime