My final thoughts

Bighurt

Now that the regional meeting voting has taken place, the one emotion I have about the situation is sadness. People don't trust other people. People are not willing to work to resolve their differences. If you beat me, it is because you cheat or you have an advantage over me. No one is willing to walk in the shoes of the other guy and look at things from his perspective. I believe that as a society we have forgotten how to work together and to disagree agreeably. This is just another example.

[Edited by Bighurt on 11-15-02 12:17P]

I don't think its a matter of trust. It's the alarming rate the private schools are getting trophies.They don't have to cheat.The way the system is set up they can get anyone from anywhere and if you have a great atheletic program,guess who.s coming,great atheletes. Small public schools has no chance to match the good private schools athelete for athelete. I guess the thing that sticks out to me the most and probably the biggest reason for the public coaches to want a split is this. Private schools have made fun and told all the public schools what superior coaches they were and how they have outworked them. When in reality all they have done is pick up four or five good atheletes that the public schools have no match for.If they would have just told the truth and just said,we simply had better atheletes,I don't think it would bothered people near as much.These coaches have pride and don't enjoy being belittled.

You have never heard me say that private school coaches are superior or work harder. You have never heard me belittle public schools. I went to a public high school and a public university. I am thankful for my high school coaches.

Cloudland and all the other public high schools in this state deserve respect for the role they play in educating our kids in all facets of life. Private schools deserve the same respect.

Yes, sometimes we just have better athletes. Sometimes Cloudland has better athletes. Sometimes Collinwood does.

It think that it is very sad that the situation has degenerated into this state.

Pujo..I agree with you completely. When your pride is hurt I believe it is human nature to act without thinking in order to return the hurt you felt. I am a small town public school supporter and I did not want to see a complete split. I was in favor of a multiplier.

Now that it looks like the split is going to take place I wish it would happen sooner than later (3 years down the road). Unfortunately the T$$AA will hold off as long as possible to keep the privates in the fold. I can see something happening like they have in Mississippi where the publics and privates are under 2 completely nonaffiliated associations.

Who would blame the privates.

Wow, my 100th post

[Edited by sinjin on 11-8-02 12:04P]

Even the multiplier was unfair for alot of these small private schools,but if they had used it only on the ones they wanted out,it would have been a law suit. I think its a shame for everyone to suffer for the actions of a few.You can't stomp on people's pride and expect them not to fight back.