Union City Tornadoes take on the Dyersburg Trojans at the Jamboree

BigSwo

Well folks I don't know if Dyersburg held back or if UC was just that much better but either way our boys simply whipped them. If it were not for a highly questionable pass interference call I don't believe D-burg would have scored. UC held the ball for 9:15 seconds on their first offensive possession and scored. The Trojans came back and scored off of the penalty I mentioned. The Tornadoes came back and did what they do. Grinding the ball down the field and then went into a spread formation but still kept it on the ground and ran it in from about 25 yards out. On the Trojans next drive they were bailed out twice by stupid penalties on our part. One Roughing the Kicker which resulted in a 15yard penalty and an automatic 1st down. The other unsportsmanlike conduct for excessive celebration after a huge loss on a sack. This one however did not result in a first down. UC scored once more on a long run once again from the spread and we simply out ran everyone to the end zone.

Like I said in the beginning. I don't know anything about the Trojans or if they were holding back. However I do know that 4 of our starters didn't even suit up tonight. And from my point of view we looked like we picked up where we left off. I do believe that our qb has grown in his understanding of the veer and has improved a great deal since last season. Not one fumble. So to end this post I'm very excited about what is in store for the rest of the season. Right now we are our own worst enemy We must eliminate costly stupid penalties. Tonight it didn't hurt us but. ....down the road. ....who knows. I can't wait to see how far we go. Compete Play Physical and Limit Fumbles. Go Tornadoes.