Huntingdon Mustangs vs. Westview Chargers

To amannamedhorse :

I got tired of reading this thread so I had to comment. Huntingdon runs a 4-3 defense and sometimes jumps into a 3-4 with two walked down linebackers. The two safeties are #20 Bolen and #9 Pruitt. I don't know who these 4 linebackers you are counting are but the 3 backers are #12 Baker, #26 Arnhold, and #13 Russell. Maybe your confused with the end #40 Williams who happens to stand up in some fronts but that only leaves 3 down lineman #25, #5, and #70. So this mysterious 4-4 is not true. As far as being more talented than 03 y'all are crazy no Boo, no Bell, no Donald on this team. Comparing them to 2012 more speed yes more size and strength no way: Bush, Deibold, Warbritton, Pruitt, Burlison. Way stronger than this years team. Im not saying this team doesn't have a lot of talent because they do but how good has yet to be seen. You said we did not run many sweeps Friday, We ran a lot of sweeps that backs cut the ball up way to early watch the blocking and you would know that. The coaches are smart and know what they are doing. If you don't think so go back to school and get your degree and coach them. Plenty of people in huntingdon including the boys on the team read the stuff y'all post and if you don't support them and our coaches your not helping the cause so think before you post negative things about any of the Mustangs[/quote

If you are watching the same game as I then Bolen is walked up as an outside linebacker up inside the tackle box. It doesn't matter what you call it, it leaves no deep help and not a smart d to be playing against a team running trips. It's hard for any cb to stay locked into man coverage all night, thus the reason WV KEPT TRYING TO GO OVER THE TOP. Because there was no help. The receivers were open they couldn't connect. This also leaves you up crap creek with a QB that can run the ball if he gets through the tackle box he's running a long way, which he did and THAT is what got us beat. I'm not down on our corners, not down on any players. I happen to love the 4-4 defense, love diversified defenses but you can't run the defense we were running Friday against a decent passing team and expect to be successful. It's a crapshoot and it not us in the butt. If you know football you know that. Enough said on this topic. It is a message board and I will express my opinions both good and bad. Hopefully mostly good from here on out.

To Amannamedhorse:

Proverbs 8:5

O simple ones, learn prudence; O fools, learn sense.