Cannon county football

Jar2h

cannon has had some decent players in the past 5-10 years....but seems in the last 3-4 years either they... a) quit playing ..B) they are not be devlop or.. c) their moving away...not sure which or maybe a little of all the above

CC's youth program has 3 age groups. 5-7 yr, 8-9 yr, and 10-12 yr. the 8-9 yr group has about 25 players. The coaches on that team are constantly yelling and screaming at these kids and treating them as if they were in High School or college. Now, you tell me if these kids are having fun, or do you think maybe there interest could get lost if they are constantly being screamed at.

The 10-12 yr group has 13 kids on the team, yes 13. I wonder how many kids that played in the 8-9 yr group decided football wasn't fun anymore after being yelled and screamed at constantly and did not move up to the 10-12 yr group. It is really bad down here in Woodbury!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are probably right but every high school coach that is committed to the school and the program has a vested interest in what is coming up and going on with the programs that feed into them.  I am speaking from what I see here in our community our head coach is at every game and attends as many practices as his schedule allows to help the coaches teach the kids his system

Yes, I wish the program would no longer be in the basement of the district. True other Coaches here have inherited bad programs and developed them

Into winning programs but each is different.

Yes, one must blame the Head Coach first cause that's the business they are in...own it. But we should all keep the simple fact in mind; we've never really been competitive on a consistent basis.

Therefore what are you actual expectations year in/year out for our football program?