Cannon county football

Jar2h

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow did not know that, that option is better than not being allowed to have a program at all, does basketball have that same option

That's true. If the football program actually had half as much support as the basketball program they could at least be competitive. That's all you could expect in a place like woodbury. Im just a huge football fan and would love to see the place I call home be good at the sport I and many other cannon residents love.

Not sure about the whole support team but when our high school team played there last year they were 1-8 at the time and they had a very good crowd form what I can remember, so it looks like the support is there.  The basketball issue is what it is but if they win and put good products on the floor they should not be punished for that.  Jealousy is a bad thing

Guest Termite

Yes but it's just a collection of players from different grammar schools. There is not really a feeder middle school program to the high school. That's why I suggest an actual middle school be built!

Isn't the basketball teams a collection of kids from different grammar schools?  Smith Co has Defeated Creek, Union Heights, Forks River, New Middleton, SC middle school, and Gordonsville middle school. Each have a jr high basketball team. Kids from those feeder schools can go to SC middle school, or Gordonsville to play football. They go to Forks River and Gordonsville for baseball.

Yeah all the grammar schools have a school basketball team but no football teams. That's the big difference!

Only SC middle & Gville junior high have football teams. Kids from other schools can play football at either....really no difference.

Edited by Antwan

Only SC middle & Gville junior high have football teams. Kids from other schools can play football at either....really no difference.

Except there are two schools with actual football teams. Cannon has six grammar schools with no football teams. It is just a collection of players playing for what I would assume is a volunteer coach. I don't know that for a fact but would guess that's true. heck the head coach of the high school team is barely out of high school himself.

Except there are two schools with actual football teams. Cannon has six grammar schools with no football teams. It is just a collection of players playing for what I would assume is a volunteer coach. I don't know that for a fact but would guess that's true. heck the head coach of the high school team is barely out of high school himself.

Cannon has 6 schools for 1 team. SC has 6 schools for 2 teams. I would guarantee the coaches get little or no compensation.