Covington @ Jackson Northside

CHARGERFAN

So, Covington will travel to Jackson this week. The Chargers are young. They only have 6 seniors and last year's best back, Aaron Foster, is out for 4-6 weeks after a week 0 injury. In addition, Covington has abandoned the wing-T in favor of the spread. There have been some mistakes so far as the team is picking up the new offense. Fumbles and procedure penalties have resulted.

What's the status at Northside this year?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NS offense is solid...they did graduate a lot...but its northside...not hard to get more talent there

NS D is still up in the air...either dyer co is just that bad...or hardin co is just that good...neither of which do i believe

i cant figure out why its giving me the pointers...but im diggin it

ill just continue because there is nothing else to speak of on this thread

where do the chargers play jcm @ this season

should be a pretty decent game for u guys this friday...ill take the indians...paper has covington coming in 2nd to liberty in the district i think...so one of us is wrong

good luck

Edited by dhstennis

Well, Sonny Moore has Northside at a Power Ranking of 120.05 and Covington at 117.75. The difference is 2.3 points. Then you give Northside 3 points for home field advantage, and that makes them about a 5 to 6 point favorite.

I'll take that, since I figure the Chargers to be improving weekly. If they can build on what they did last week against Hillcrest (who was much better this year than last year), then I think that we can be competitive. 

Ha! Misread your question!

I have not heard specifically why Coach Wheeler chose to go to the spread this year. I assume he thinks it fits our players better. Taylor can throw the ball pretty well at QB, plus he's a good ball carrier. We never had a QB run out of the wing-t.

The running game has been pretty good out of the spread once we quit doing the false starts and other careless penalties. Throwing the ball has worked OK, too. We beat ourselves vs Munford. So many mistakes, no offensive TD at all, no sustained drives because of miscues. Munford finally scored 10 to beat us.

wheeler knows what hes doin...if the spread is the future of covington football id take his word for it...he has more than proven his ability to coach

as far as NS being happy about it...my guess is their philosophy on the season when the kids arent around is...we gota score...a lot...a young offense will show results faster than a young D...

i think this may very well be the best game of week 2...in all divisions in west TN

NS offense is impressive and hasnt been stopped yet...wheeler has always been a defensive coach as long as ive known him...so the chess match has been set

wheeler knows what hes doin...if the spread is the future of covington football id take his word for it...he has more than proven his ability to coach

as far as NS being happy about it...my guess is their philosophy on the season when the kids arent around is...we gota score...a lot...a young offense will show results faster than a young D...

i think this may very well be the best game of week 2...in all divisions in west TN

NS offense is impressive and hasnt been stopped yet...wheeler has always been a defensive coach as long as ive known him...so the chess match has been set

TCA vs Adamsville and Milan vs Crockett will be two good ones as well.