McMinn Central @ Grace Christian

Wired4Football

About 2 out of 10 years the Chargers are really good in football. Usually County gets most of the talent. Not only is this year's team really good but more than that they've got a complete team on both sides of the ball. Their district is down and this may be their best test til the playoffs. Barring injuries and turnovers I say the Chargers win this game and basically it's over at the end of the 3rd. 35 to 14.

Let's be realistic, the Chargers have not been what I call "really good" in a very long time, if ever. Even when we had Zach Rayl and all the talent, we lost in the first round of region play every year. That was us being #1 in our district playing the #4 team in another district. Coach Marty Wild was our best coach and he took a team to the state championship game a long time ago.

This years team should be "really good" though because we have lots of talent and are loaded with experienced seniors on both sides. Our district looks weaker this year so we should easily make the state playoffs. I think this years team will go as far as coaching will take them.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This dude has lost his mind. Anyone thinks that Alcoa or CAK are losing sleep over McMinn Central being 3-0  at the end of week 2 are getting ready for some serious counseling sessions.

Good point C64.  Football is a strange game.  I am happy that we are winning, but I know the boys will have to focus every night to be successful.

Both teams are 3-0, but the Chargers have played better competition. Although Grace Christian usually has very good teams, they're not as strong this season according to many Grace fans.

The only comparison is that Grace beat Tellico by 22 points. Sequoyah beat Tellico by 16 points and you know what the Chargers did to Sequoyah.

What it looks like on paper means nothing. They are teenagers. We never know what their mindset will be. Ready for the game.

Grace is a good team.  They run a wing-T, then mix in other sets.  This makes coaches have to look at a lot during the week.  They are big on the offensive front.  They have good athletes.  Turnovers and breaks will determine your winner.  Of course I want it to go our way.  These games are fun to watch.

I'm very excited for Friday night. I can't wait to see how good both teams are. Grace may be "down," but Grace is still Grace. This will definitely be a challenge for McMinn Central.

We have faced 3 spread type of offenses this year, the wing-T sucks to defend when run correctly.  Tellico run the wing-T also.  I hope we can be more physical up front with Grace.