3-0 Campbell County vs. 3-0 Anderson County preview

Mav4life

Why do u guys keep talking about other things, other games etc..... On this thread? There's an AC/Powell thread going, talk over there? This thread has over 780 posts, the next closest on the first page has 240. This game is two weeks old now and point has been made and heard. It's time to let it all go until they meet again. Agree??

I CO- AGREE WITH MY PAL Carolina..

I actually thought the game was pretty even in the first half to tell you the truth, CC had a screen play go 66 yards for a TD where Smith looked to me to be on the entire wrong side of the formation, don't know, but that's what it looked like, not taking anything away from CC on that as it was a good play, but there were 2 missed tackles and a player out of position in what looked like a blown assignment on that one and they had a deep ball for a score for what? about 35-40 yards?  that means the rest of the entire first half CC had around 60 yards of Offense and a turnover.  AC's biggest play of the first half yardage wise was less than 30 yards and the next closest was around 15, but they managed to put up 179 yards with no turnovers, that's about 10-15 more yards than CC with no huge gainers, seems like a pretty good first half on offense averaging over 7 yards a play with no homerun balls, the difference in the first half between the 2 teams was AC was very consistant on offense and did what they do, CC had a couple big plays, which is what they do, that's a pretty even first half of play because it is what each offense is designed to do.  I will say this though, I would much rather have consistant gains on offense than a couple big ones, because the big ones are easier to stop than the consistant gains as shown in the second half, so if I was grading the halfs I would say that both offenses put up B performances while both defenses also put up B-C performances.  Don't forget that even though you can say that before half and Jeffers has a brain cramp, does the worst thing he could do and throw a pick, that the AC defender still made the play and there were 2 in good position, that is the problem here, that is exactly how it is supposed to go, Jeffers reads field in this offense and 75% of the time throws to a presnap read and not the open receiver, go back and watch film on it, not just the AC game but all of them, 7 out of 10 plays he is throwing to a spot depicted by defensive alignment so when the defense is solid than the turnovers happen, this is not a hit on him at all, its just the nature of the offense and that is the same as it was when Tanner was the QB at AC and in my opinion is a big reason as to why AC does not run it anymore.  So long story short, I cant say that either team played better than the other in the first half because they both made plays and both made mistakes, some more costly than others but at the half it was 14-14.  JP should say that his team played better than AC in the first half because that is what he needs to say and that is what the CC players need to hear, it just does not make it true.

Hey I am just stating facts. I think AC had a game plan the first half and I think AC had a game plan the second half. I do not think it was a mistake ending up 35-14 you would say went out on a limb and predicted the mercy rule. I was on one branch CC and hog was on another branch but the guy above us all was the branch manger.......Tomjoad LOL no it was such a good game. Look what AC done to Powell and CC did too. LOL

Hey I am just stating facts. I think AC had a game plan the first half and I think AC had a game plan the second half. I do not think it was a mistake ending up 35-14 you would say went out on a limb and predicted the mercy rule. I was on one branch CC and hog was on another branch but the guy above us all was the branch manger.......Tomjoad LOL no it was such a good game. Look what AC done to Powell and CC did too. LOL

If u get a chance, watch the replay with a small thought in the back of ur mind that knowin the outcome of the game that AC was just trying to get into halftime with the game close and then come out the second half with their full game plan, I dont want to use the term "baiting" but thats almost what comes to mind, almost like we did not want to show our hand until after halftime, that way there was lees chance of CC being able to make adjustments to what we were doing, just a thought, but the more you think about it tw more that seems to be a good possibility

If u get a chance, watch the replay with a small thought in the back of ur mind that knowin the outcome of the game that AC was just trying to get into halftime with the game close and then come out the second half with their full game plan, I dont want to use the term "baiting" but thats almost what comes to mind, almost like we did not want to show our hand until after halftime, that way there was lees chance of CC being able to make adjustments to what we were doing, just a thought, but the more you think about it tw more that seems to be a good possibility

Oh no that could have very well been the scenario but that is with every game of course a certain extent. AC assumed the first half CC was better then what they thought and played a bit conservative. Then as in so many AC second half's they figure out they could open offensively and more importantly close there defense up by implementing a stronger rush that CC did not anticipate they would have. Of course you know when to hold them and when to play your best hand. The best of the Mavs was orchestrated I think in the first half as they set CC up for the kill.