Smith Co. @ Cookeville

Hsfootballnut

I'm afraid this game will tell a lot more than we want to know!

Also afraid Uncle Jimmy is gonna give you guys a spanking!

Okies would probably be no better than 4th in the western division of sec...as for uncle...time will tell. SC has been decimated by injuries. I think no less than 2 cheerleaders will dress.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cookeville will be hard to stop. We will go after them with the Mash unit full speed, well with our injuries, I don't know what "full speed" really means.

We shall see. Cookeville is big & fast on offense. Their defense looks like SC defense in Maynord era. They are quick...and not that big. Johnson & Angel are great players. Angel will play in the SEC. Johnson is no worse than mid major. It will be a challenge for SC. I do know they will show up to play hard with the players that are able to play.

I have watched Cookeville in two scrimmages against 8AA and they have not impressed me at all. LA mopped the floor with them in every form and fashion, the angel kid has not impressed me at all. Upperman scrimmaged them in the spring and granted it was the spring, but they just did not kill us in all aspects of the game. I honestly think SC will come into this game fired up against some of these seniors old head coach. I think SC will give them a ball game but honestly Cookeville because of depth will win by ONE score. I've heard also from Cookeville natives that if they were in 8AA they would win the district every year... My opinion they would not just dominate it, however they would be contenders. 

I have watched Cookeville in two scrimmages against 8AA and they have not impressed me at all. LA mopped the floor with them in every form and fashion, the angel kid has not impressed me at all. Upperman scrimmaged them in the spring and granted it was the spring, but they just did not kill us in all aspects of the game. I honestly think SC will come into this game fired up against some of these seniors old head coach. I think SC will give them a ball game but honestly Cookeville because of depth will win by ONE score. I've heard also from Cookeville natives that if they were in 8AA they would win the district every year... My opinion they would not just dominate it, however they would be contenders.

CHS wouldn't have won 8aa over UH in 2013, or over LA in 2012 in my opinion. I agree, watched Angel twice now and he is a great ball player but I don't see SEC type of play. Wouldnt have traded him for CYork or BMcCoin. I think Vic Johnson is the best player on CHS. He I hard to stop. Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

CHS wouldn't have won 8aa over UH in 2013, LA in 2012 in my opinion. I agree, watch Angel twice now and he is a great ball player but I don't ee SEC type of play. Wuldnt have traded him for York or McCoin. I think Vic Johnson is the best player on CHS. He I hard to stop

I agree, Angel is not a SEC caliber player but the Johnson kid does play harder and does not crumble when the going gets tough. York and McCoin would run circles around him literally. I will give the Angel kid though he does have some size.

I agree, Angel is not a SEC caliber player but the Johnson kid does play harder and does not crumble when the going gets tough. York and McCoin would run circles around him literally. I will give the Angel kid though he does have some size.

I guess if he put on 30 pound and doesn't lose a step, maybe a TE in college. But playing slot wr, tailback, and free saftey like he is at CHS is out when you factor in the speed needed for that level.

Cookeville wore the U out in that scrimmage. They would also beat LA easily. Maynord has never put any emphasis on jamborees. They ran over LA until the pick in the flat. They also had no less than 5 snaps over qb's head...one inside the 10. No way LA would beat them in a real game.

Angel had no less than 7 firm SEC offers. So yeah...he is SEC caliber. York & McCoin....LMAO.