Happy Valley vs. Hampton

THE KING

I'm picking Hampton in this one if just simply for the fact that HV is one dimensional.  They don't have any athletes that can burn you deep.  Plus, they are not disciplined.  They made some stupid personal foul penalties against us.  We took full advantage of their turnovers and penalties.  If we'd made our extra points, it would have been 55-14.  With that said,  If HV had not made any mistakes, it would have been much closer.  In my opinion, we were only 2 scores better in a mistake free game.  Garland and Hicks are one of the best 1-2 punch backs in the area.  If you don't get them wrapped up, they can hurt you big time.  They ran all over us in the first half.  Very experienced and they know how to find the openings and turn on the after jets.  Their backs will lower their shoulders and pound you for extra yards.  Two very fine running backs.  Defensively, they had a tough time with our read option.  They couldn't load the box, cause we were throwing the out patterns all night.  We threw the ball very well that night.  Plus, Colby and Zac's speed started to wear on them.  That, along with a 200 lb. qb can wear a defense down.  I think HV will have trouble with little Jerry.  He is just too tough for any defense to deal with all night coupled with the threat of Jones' feet and arm.  HV will be in for another long night

Our passing threat should keep any d honest,several capable targets and then you have to make sure Coby don't take of with it. Hampton will make you honor the whole field. Thats what makes this offence difficult. The D will have to play disaplined ,wrap up and tackle. Its just as simple as that.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hampton should scare the nuts off any team they play.  Just a good solid bunch of lunch pail kids that do the work.  I would guess running the table isn't out of the question for them if they get some of the wounded back.  Lord knows how one or two can make a world of difference in an outcome.  We added #40 this past week and Wartburg couldn't put a dent in us.  I think he makes our defense much more effective.

Kazzy

IF, ahhhhh, only IF we hadn't lost #3 McClain...And when he returns, it's on! 'Bout like your #40.

LJ has and will continue to bare a lot  of the running weight right now...But it's much better on him when they're all healthy...Jones may run a lil more, but probably running about the same amount...Ford can sure fly, but that takes him away as a threat in the passing game...#3, well, he's talent and BIG body thats ready to demolish anything that's in his way on O or coming his way when on D...And that's just plain hard to replace or to make up for!

Hampton wins this game and this HV team has some athletes but if you stop there run game there in big trouble.We keep getting some of there athletes at Betsy and it's really a shame because they would make HV a better team.

IMO, a good program, heading in the right direction, with a supported coach doesn't lose a lot of good athletes to another school....Maybe it happens more around the big cities and amongst the privates, but small school pride usually rules around here...As long as the program (refer to my 1st sentence)

IMO, a good program, heading in the right direction, with a supported coach doesn't lose a lot of good athletes to another school....Maybe it happens more around the big cities and amongst the privates, but small school pride usually rules around here...As long as the program (refer to my 1st sentence)

You are correct and I could say a few things but not going to start any trouble if you know what I mean.

I heard through the grapevine that the Garland kid from HV was injured. Any truth to that? If he is out the Dogs roll, may very well do so regardless...

I think Garland has been playing hurt all season,speaks well for his toughness and grit. I know he got banged up against Volunteer, heard he left in the 3rd quarter against Cloudland. I don't have a clue about last week but I do hope the kid can get healthy and enjoy his senior year. I've heard nothing but praise for the kid as a person, and I know for a fact,he's a great player.

Well I know for sure his shins were beat off in Cloudland game and he was cramping pretty bad i think. He came over and set down on the ground and would put about 4-6 bags of ice on his legs when we had the ball then when they had the ball he would jump up and get back out there. He took a pounding that night and was down by quite a few points. But he didn't stop. But the #40 Hicks kid never gave up either. He might not be the best athlete on the field but his drive and will to win makes up for it. I like watching them 2 play. And the Hicks kid is only and Soph or Jr I'm pretty sure.

Well I know for sure his shins were beat off in Cloudland game and he was cramping pretty bad i think. He came over and set down on the ground and would put about 4-6 bags of ice on his legs when we had the ball then when they had the ball he would jump up and get back out there. He took a pounding that night and was down by quite a few points. But he didn't stop. But the #40 Hicks kid never gave up either. He might not be the best athlete on the field but his drive and will to win makes up for it. I like watching them 2 play. And the Hicks kid is only and Soph or Jr I'm pretty sure.

Hicks is a sophmore and a goodun.

Pujo, I hope they are all healthy when we play...Garland is a strong back and I like to watch him roll...We don't want to play another team that isn't fully healthy...If we did, y, that'd make us a "cowards".

BTW, does your message system no longer work?? Has that skillet slinger deleted your mail account? Wendy been messaging you again?? :geek: