What do y'all think about this possible in 2015 3-1A region

BigDave1967

Don't bet on it. When Copper Hill can step up and play Polk County every year, get back to us about that.

I wasn't talking about Copper Basin I was talking about South Pittsburg. The series between CB and Polk was stopped because the PC fans acted like punks and threw stuff on the field after beating CB. I wish the series would be restarted(especially if PC is put in 2A.)

Edited by BigDave1967

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just throwing this out, I haven't heard or read anything on it-but if there is no total split (as there should be), would anyone else be willing to compromise with a 2.0 multiplier for non-aid schools and 2.5 multiplier for aid schools (Franklin Road Academy, Baylor, Ensworth etc). If they don't want to do a total split for whatever reason, fear of all private schools forming their own league, lawsuits, whatever, as I said before the large public schools should have to be facing the Ensworths or at least be fighting for the same postseason championships. This would make scheduling easier with more teams, and there could easily be 5 classes without as much travel problems as the current 5 class would be. You could probably throw out the "Top 32" idea too since MBA, Brentwood Academy and the like would either be classified at the top with multipliers or choose to move up on their own to the top (hopefully).

A quick follow up, in a six class group with those multipliers, cutoffs would be at about 390, 582, 807, 1107 and 1445. Each class would have 56 teams, so regions would average 7 teams, enough for non-region rivals to still be in there. 6A in the group might have an Ensworth vs Maryville final, 5A-Ridgeway vs Knoxville West, 4A-Fulton vs Pearl-Cohn, 3A-Trezevant vs East Nashville, 2A-Alcoa vs Trinity Christian, 1A-Nashville Christian vs Union City

A quick follow up, in a six class group with those multipliers, cutoffs would be at about 390, 582, 807, 1107 and 1445. Each class would have 56 teams, so regions would average 7 teams, enough for non-region rivals to still be in there. 6A in the group might have an Ensworth vs Maryville final, 5A-Ridgeway vs Knoxville West, 4A-Fulton vs Pearl-Cohn, 3A-Trezevant vs East Nashville, 2A-Alcoa vs Trinity Christian, 1A-Nashville Christian vs Union City

With those cut-offs, UC may be 2a.

Even though the travel would be awful, it is better for Basin to be able to play all one A schools. Other than SP these schools usually cycle up and down like Basin does. A good year every few

Do you think CB will drop Andrews,Hayesville and Towns County if this comes to pass. Out of region games are hard to come by for CB so I think they would stay on the schedule. I'd love a yearly series with Murphy however

Do you think CB will drop Andrews,Hayesville and Towns County if this comes to pass. Out of region games are hard to come by for CB so I think they would stay on the schedule. I'd love a yearly series with Murphy however

Well with 9 teams in the region, that is 8 region games so someone will have to be dropped. I say Tellico will be dropped because they will also be in a new big region. We have played Hayesville every year since 2006 if I'm not mistaken so if possible I think we keep them. There are a lot of factors though. Gotta get those weeks to match up for the non region. When something like this happens schedules get a massive overhaul that's for sure.