The Ridge (OR) @ Gibbs

SweetScience

OR is one of the best teams in this district (AC is the Top team) but I beleive Gibbs can play with OR and I beleive this one could possibly go either way. It comes down to mistakes and being balanced on offense. If Gibbs can keep the safeties out of the box by going over the top a couple of times, we can keep them guessing all night while keeping the OR offense off of the field.

My prediction;

27-24 Gibbs

Easier said than done when you have Middleton & crew in your back pocket all night. If going by common opponents this game shouldn't even be relatively close. Oak Ridge could've beaten Halls by 60 and dominated Clinton who Gibbs lost to on their home field mind you. Not saying that will translate to an OR win, but the odds are heavily in favor of it. Not sure why you come off so confident. OR still getting no respect. Not only from the pollsters, but other teams fans. That's allright we enjoy it.

Edited by GaddisTossSweep

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if I came off confident since I only gave Gibbs a 3 point win and stated the game could go either way.

Also what are middleton's stats? I haven't seen much in the area of stats from him. Maybe you can help me out with them. I haven't talked to him in about a year but what I have seen he still hasn't played to his potential.

Edited by WarEagles

Not sure if I came off confident since I only gave Gibbs a 3 point win and stated the game could go either way.

I also what are middleton's stats? I haven't seen much in the area of stats from him. Maybe you can help me out with them. I haven't talked to him in about a year but what I have seen he still hasn't played to his potential.

Haha you keep thinking that. Hope Gibbs Left Tackle thinks that too. Being your a Gibbs fan then yeah obviously you haven't seen much of him lately goober.

Edited by GaddisTossSweep

I don't think it's a gimme game I just can't see Gibbs beating us. If they do it will be because we just didn't show up. We are way more talented. Not taking anything away from Gibbs just being upfront with you. No need to sugar coat it. And FYI Middleton dominated Farragut's D1 Tackle, he dominated the Halls game, and dominated last night. So call those coaches and ask how good he is. I guarantee you Mcminn's coaches would rave about him.

I'm watching his hudl highlights now and to be honest I don't see the player he should be. He is a D1 prospect that does not fire off the ball or dominate the line every play as his size would suggest.

I watched him from flag football to now and I don't see much change other than size. He is a big kid that has never been coached to play the way he should be.

He's a good blocker and a big body to pass to but unless he's bad at picking his highlights I must be missing something. Are his defensive stats posted anywhere?