The Ridge (OR) @ Gibbs

SweetScience

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a little different take on this game Cat fans.  I may be way off base but here's what worries me about this game.  Gibbs has a different philosophy than anything we have faced this year.  They remind me of the Halls teams of the nineties, not in size and strength but offensive scheme.  They will try to keep the ball for the whole quarter.  Even if they don't score they can eat up that clock.  Opposing teams are averaging only 6 possessions a game against them.  In other words, you better make the most of your possessions, you can't take the second quarter off against these guys.

The other thing is that Gibbs can play some solid defense.  Think about this fact.  At the end of regulation against Clinton, Thackerson and company only managed one touchdown in 48 minutes of play.  Now that is playing some defense. 

Potential trap game to me.  I just hope OR coaches and players understand that this team at their place can beat us.  Should we win? Yes definitely, but it won't be an easy win like most seem to think.