Latest AP high school poll Blackman closing in on Maryville

rebels

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THEM POLLS MEAN ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!

They do this year. 

Because of a little known new TSSAA rule, the state champion for 2014 is determined by who ever is arbitrarily ranked #2 after the week 4.  This new regulation applies to 6A only but will expand to the private schools next year.  This year it is Blackman.  Y'all better rethink your allegiance to GQ, especially given he did not prepare for the scenario necessitated by this new rule.  Better luck next year.

Congratulations Blackman!  The 2014 6A Tennessee State Champion!

Edited by FactsOnly

They do this year. 

Because of a little known new TSSAA rule, the state champion for 2014 is determined by who ever is arbitrarily ranked #2 after the week 4.  This new regulation applies to 6A only but will expand to the private schools next year.  This year it is Blackman.  Y'all better rethink your allegiance to GQ, especially given he did not prepare for the scenario necessitated by this new rule.  Better luck next year.

Congratulations Blackman!  The 2014 6A Tennessee State Champion!

This guy does not rep Blackman or it's fans! What the ?

Gee , I think I'll trust that George and his Coaches know what they're doing and we will see improvement every game ... I could care less about any poll , we have a Playoff , it's settled on the Field . 

Surprised how many Maryville folks have had to be talked down off the ledge this week. I agree with you I think we have people in charge who know what they are doing. The adversity we face will only make us better down the road. 

Obviously the polls meant nothing, and Hendersonville defied all odds. That's my point, it'll probably happen again with another underdog this year.

Please!  Do you even follow high school football?  Or are you just bored sitting at home blindly babbling familiar vernacular?

The point being made (by me) earlier was that Hendersonville would care what the polls said if they were on the top side of the bracket.  Last season, the highest ranked teams in the state were on the same side....same as this year.  You think that Hendersonville defied the odds by making it to the finals?  I'd argue that they were the benefactor of being on the right side of the bracket.

Last season, They would have been trounced in the postseason by Sevier County, Oakland, Blackman, or Maryville, They barely made it by Station Camp and Indy by 1 point each. As Antwan correctly pointed out, they were no where near the 2nd best team.

The polls most certainly indicate who the better team is.  If you want predictions on who will meet in the state championship, dont look at polls, If you are trying to figure out who is better than who, the polls are a great place to start.

And for the record, Maryville doesnt care what the polls say, Why should they?   They are #1 until someone proves otherwise.

Please!  Do you even follow high school football?  Or are you just bored sitting at home blindly babbling familiar vernacular?

The point being made (by me) earlier was that Hendersonville would care what the polls said if they were on the top side of the bracket.  Last season, the highest ranked teams in the state were on the same side....same as this year.  You think that Hendersonville defied the odds by making it to the finals?  I'd argue that they were the benefactor of being on the right side of the bracket.

Last season, They would have been trounced in the postseason by Sevier County, Oakland, Blackman, or Maryville, They barely made it by Station Camp and Indy by 1 point each. As Antwan correctly pointed out, they were no where near the 2nd best team.

The polls most certainly indicate who the better team is.  If you want predictions on who will meet in the state championship, dont look at polls, If you are trying to figure out who is better than who, the polls are a great place to start.

And for the record, Maryville doesnt care what the polls say, Why should they?   They are #1 until someone proves otherwise.

So you are a psychic? How much do you charge for a session?  Since you KNOW Hendersonville would have lost games they DIDNT have to play.  Otherwise you are right about polls, for a general idea on who are the best teams. However it is not a good indicator on who will play in the championship. With that being said it is quite comical to make you irritated.

So you are a psychic? How much do you charge for a session?  Since you KNOW Hendersonville would have lost games they DIDNT have to play.  Otherwise you are right about polls, for a general idea on who are the best teams. However it is not a good indicator on who will play in the championship. With that being said it is quite comical to make you irritated.

Are u kidding me? MJ you've been on here a long time. U know mat is correct about Hendersonville last season. They were defiantly the benefactors of being on the weak side of the brackets. I have no doubts in my mind they were not the 2nd best team! I'm not saying they didn't deserve to be there, that's how the brackets go. U don't have to be psychic to know who the top three or four teams are u just need to have some knowledge of football and to have paid attention to the season. A little common sense never hurts.