Could Fulton compete or beat Maryville?

HeHatemeNOT

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think last night's game should end this debate. Maryville is too big, too strong and too deep for Fulton. Plus, Maryville is much faster than people think so Fulton's speed advantage wouldn't be that great.

You are correct. Why do you think their best running back is at linebacker? Speed, Speed and more speed. And #27  isn't the fastest on the defense. 

And I'll keep doing this every year until Maryville steps up. All of D II does, Riverdale went to OH, Blackman went to AL. Even when I played back in the late 80s/early 90s Oak Ridge played KY power Tilghman and Rhea Co played Prattville,AL. It can happen. It's okay to do it. Maryville is the best public in TN. Go out there and represent Tennessee. There is no reason why they can't schedule a home-and-home with Hoover, an Atlanta power (N. Gwinnett, Buford, Peachtree Ridge,Marist,Milton), North Carolina (Mallard Crk, Butler, Independence), South Carolina (Byrnes, Dorman, Rock Hill). All would be regionally close and all are on the national radar.

If you want to keep playing slappies during the regular season (minus Alcoa), then go ahead and keep your Blount County title.

Maryville is a great team with a great tradition. Get out there and show it.

Travel costs money. I think the MHS admin would rather spend the money on education, not on travel. 

SS acted like I had no idea what Maryville was all about. I was simply pointing out that I'm more familiar with Maryville than he could ever hope to be. Piss off.

Oh and yes Maryville would get OBLITERATED against the privates. There's a reason the privates have tons of division I players. Too much talent for Maryville. Step up and play these teams from other states. What does almighty Maryville have to lose? 

I respect Maryville. I really do. But you have always been way too defensive on here and think Maryville is some untouchable royalty. Maybe they are. But they certainly don't go out of their way to play top tier teams. Even West played a NC team these past two years.

Yes and Maryville was supposed to get OBLITERATED when they moved up to 6A. 

You're missing the whole point, Pep. It's the fact that Maryville and it's fans have so much pride in their program that I want to see them represent TN. I think they would do very well and it would be a great experience for the kids and the fans. Listen, I admire Maryville and the success they've had. I would just love to see them compete OOS. At least, regionally. I see some of the other strong TN teams go out and represent. They win some and they lose some. I think it's great they do that. You can still keep your local traditions with Alcoa and you would still have 1 or 2 openings for a game like that.

Maryville is a great team and they have been better then Oak Ridge for a decade and a half now. (The exception possibly being a couple seasons early in the 2000s). Oak Ridge is a shell of the team they once were. When I was there I played in 89 then moved to VA my junior year. We had a great team in 89. Undefeated and nationally ranked until we got caught looking ahead in the playoffs and got upset by Oakland in Murfreesboro. Of course, the next year I move and Oak Ridge wins state. Just my luck! Plus, that year OR took on Tilghman from Paducah,KY and lost a heartbreaker. That would've been a great experience for me as a young kid and I missed out on it. Tilghman isn't any good now, but were a top ranked team back in those days.

All in all I don't despise Maryville. That's not the case at all. I always root for them to be successful. It makes TN look that much stronger nationally. That, in turn, amps up recruiting from the exposure of playing OOS. So, please Pep, don't take what I say the wrong way. I really do mean well and have good intentions.

Guys wake up. It's all about money. And why would MHS play OOS when they don't need to? MHS don't need the prestige or anyone's blessing. I think they will stay put regardless. They may play Fulton next year if the stars align properly.  Bottom line if it is good for the kids, the school and fans, and the gate is right, it could possibly happen. 

Oh geez! Not you again? You're worse than Pepvol when it comes to grasping the English language. Omahadork? Really, are you in middle school? I'm not even going to entertain you there FELLER. (Whatever that means). Is that outhouse Ebonics for the hillbillies?

Be careful. There are a lot of us hillbillies in Murvul. we don't take kindly to rude people. We ignore them mainly. 

Fulton should have played MHS during this past cycle. I don't know for sure about FHS next season my guess they will fall off, NO way they remain as good as these past two seasons. One thing I haven't seen mentioned about their success these last two years is that they have played about 80% seniors (starters) and very solid ones at that and in high school football you can be successful if you play lots of seniors and they are pretty good. A friend told me (whose close to program) that they have had like 9 or 10 players the last two years with FCS level (or better) offers. So although the mighty Blount Co faithful don't think there any good, the colleges seam to think they have good players..... Obviously MHS and AHS has been dominant for so long and FHS has had some good years too, majority of those years the first two mentioned teams have been better but NO question these last two years FHS could play with either.

Can you list the kids who had the 9 or 10 offers and went on to play college ball? 

Edited by rebels

Can you list the kids who had the 9 or 10 offers and went on to play college ball?

He said 9 or 10 kids held the offers he is talking about

Penny smith UTC

DRD Arkansas State

Xavier Hawkins Oregon state

Micheal Scates ETSU

Dominique Williams offers from TSU AP UTC ETSU

Kj roper offers from western Carolina AP UTC ETSU and a few more

Johnathan Roth committed to MTSU

DJ Campbell has Louisville recruiting him heavy plus a lot of fcs schools

Kentel Williams UTC offer

Edited by FHSalumn12